Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous Bookshelf spkr choice - 01/09/02 05:29 PM
Tough one. I live in a small NYC apartment (12x18ft studio, kitchen, LR etc). I cannot play at loud volumes and have space considerations. I have an NAD 7255 (55w/s) receiver. Music choices-blues, bluegrass, folk, RR. Consdering PSB alpha & B&W dm 303 until I read Axiom reviews. Which ones 1, 2 or 3's would suit me? Thoughts, suggestions.

Posted By: Ian Re: Bookshelf spkr choice - 01/09/02 10:52 PM
I would suggest the M3s. They are not a large bookshelf design but large enough to not need a sub-woofer. They will match your receiver perfectly and give you excellent quality reproduction.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Posted By: wandy Re: Bookshelf spkr choice - 01/12/02 07:50 AM
I am concerned that the axiom 3 will be too much speaker for my requirements. Total listening area is about 250sq ft and I do not listen at loud levels by choice and again by neighbors. I like the idea of the better tweeter but not if i can't drive them to hear them. Should i stick with getting 3's or move down to 2's?

Posted By: Ian Re: Bookshelf spkr choice - 01/12/02 10:05 AM
I think the M3s would be best. Besides the improved performance in a number of areas, the M3s are enough speaker to not require a sub-woofer in your environment and taking into consideration your listening preferences.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
© Axiom Message Boards