Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobG Speakers for a 3rd system - 03/27/14 08:45 PM
I am looking at setting up a third system in my computer room where I spend most of my time. I currently have a 2 channel and 5.1 system using Axiom speakers. I am wondering if I should get another set of Axioms (M60's or M80's) or if I should branch out and try something else just because. I like my Axioms but I wonder if this is a good time to try something else.

My concern is that if I have a different brand of speakers I may end up liking one set more than the other, and then always regret the one I don't like. Is that a stupid concern? Am I overthinking this? Or should I just stick wth what I know works for me? Or am I passing up an opportunity to broaden my horizins and do some good comparisons? Will the constant comparing my two different brands of speakers drive me crazy?

I don't know anything about any other speaker brands and don't even know where to start looking for comparable speakers. Any suggestions?
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Speakers for a 3rd system - 03/27/14 11:04 PM
Go bigger for your 2 channel room and trade the units down respectively?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Speakers for a 3rd system - 03/27/14 11:54 PM
^^^ Excellent idea.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Speakers for a 3rd system - 03/28/14 08:09 PM
I have B&W speakers in my room, my desk is also in my room. So, i spend a decent amount of time listening to the B&W's.

In the Family room i have LFR's/VP 180 and QS 8's.

Each set of speakers are pleasing, and i don't favor one over another. The family room has the "Expensive" stuff.. Actually, i'm thinking about getting a pair of Dynaudio's for the bedroom. So, in a way i am not bashful about changing things up in my bedroom, why not try other brands?

I would say Axiom is my "go to brand", but there are other things to try out there.

I have B&W CM1's and a CMC center channel with an 8" sub in my bedroom which are similar to the M2's.

The Dyn's have a soft dome tweeter, and i use to have a pair in a car stereo a car or two ago. I REALLY liked the way the Dynaudio soft dome tweeter sounded.

With that being said, the 1,000$ that i paid for the CM's is 3X the price of the M2's and i would probably have been just as satisfied with.. So, i guess it just depends on your perspective.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Speakers for a 3rd system - 03/28/14 09:03 PM
Nothing against Axiom, but open yourself to the experience of listening to other brands.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Speakers for a 3rd system - 03/29/14 08:52 PM
Is this for a desk system? Considered powered monitors if this is the case?
© Axiom Message Boards