Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hellothere Axiom LFR110 or Bryston Middle T - 08/27/14 01:43 AM
Hello how are you people? Has anyone heard both makes? I would appreciate any feed back you have in regards to these two speakers. I realize it is a bit of an apple oranges comparison with the Axiom's being an omni type speaker. I am using in an 12' by 18' room that opens up to a 12' by 10' kitchen. I would use a Moon 340i or similar for the Bryston's. For Axiom I would use their amp with Copland CTA 305 pre.
Love the T's Haven't heard any Axiom's. Able to get the Axioms used for $2700 plus shipping. Bryston would be almost double.
I Listen to all kinds of music. I Like deep bass, open airy highs and an articulate mid that is true to voices
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Axiom LFR110 or Bryston Middle T - 08/27/14 06:11 AM
Axioms seem like the safer bet.
I'd really like to hear some of the Bryston line up.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom LFR110 or Bryston Middle T - 08/27/14 01:43 PM
Axiom started offering the improved woofers for LFR1100 etc.. a while back, it would be good to know if the LFR's you can get have the standard or the "high power" woofers. Mentioning this in part because of your comments about deep bass.

I guess the next question is whether the omni benefits of the LFR speakers are of specific interest to you or whether comparing with something like M100 would be better.
Posted By: Hellothere Re: Axiom LFR110 or Bryston Middle T - 08/28/14 11:08 PM
Hey bridgman thanks for the reply. I would like to listen to the omni units. M100 is more like Bryston's A line I believe. Any idea what the high power woofers sell for?
Posted By: bridgman Re: Axiom LFR110 or Bryston Middle T - 08/29/14 01:57 AM
Don't think I"ve seen a price for the woofer, just the tweeter. This post was the closest I found, basically "call us for details".

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php/topics/394232/Re_New_LFR1100_woofer#Post394232
Posted By: dakkon Re: Axiom LFR110 or Bryston Middle T - 08/29/14 02:13 AM
Hellothere,

I've got a pair of LFR's.. Prior to my LFR purchase i was following James Model T thread on audio circle. Since i already had 2 EP-600's i decided that the LFR's would be the best option for me. Also, the price point for the LFR's was about 1/3 of the Model T's (i got my LFR's at an introductory pricing).

While i haven't heard the model T's. I think it would be safe to assume that a pair of LFR's + a pair of good subs would out perform the Model T's.

Now, with all that being said, i am thinking my next pair of speakers will be the Bryston Mini T's for the office smile
© Axiom Message Boards