Axiom Home Page
Posted By: coach Playing Vinyl - 09/25/03 03:26 PM
i'm looking to buy a pair of the 60's. I've looked thru a lot of the threds,and did a search to find out how these speakers sound with the good old analog stuff. Could not find much. I have more records then cd's and use my system more for music then movies. Little help guys. Whats the word on vinyl thru the Axioms.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Playing Vinyl - 09/25/03 04:53 PM
Axioms are VERY revealing speakers. Unbeleivably rewarding with good recordings. Absolutely depressing with poor ones. The condition of your albums will play a huge factor as well. If they are not top notch, you may want to consider a more "laid back" speaker.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Playing Vinyl - 09/25/03 05:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing. All of the surface scratches, ticks, and noise with records will be probably be VERY noticable with Axioms.
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Playing Vinyl - 09/25/03 06:31 PM
I for one love listening to my records over my Axioms.. The best is jazz, accoustic work, and female singers..
Posted By: psychobabble Re: Playing Vinyl - 09/25/03 06:47 PM
I also very much enjoy my LPs on my M60s. And, yes, it does depend on the condition of your source as well as your stylus. But even some of the vinyl that I bought used in VG condition (i.e. a few minor surface scratches) is very pleasant to listen to. I say go for it an enjoy.

One thing, do you have your receiver yet? Be careful, as not all of them have phono jacks anymore. I was really interested in getting another HK (to replace my older stereo HK) but they don't have phono jacks
Posted By: coach Re: Playing Vinyl - 09/25/03 11:52 PM
Thanks for the reply's. Thats just what I wanted to hear.I'm looking for a speaker that won't pull any punches.I use a Music Hall MMF-7 table with a Grado Platinum cartrage. This,and all of my gear is connected to a Denon 4802. The other speakers I'm looking at cost a lot more then the Axioms and sound great. I'll take another trip to this Canadian audio store and give another listen. The other contenders are B&W cdm7 nt,Dynaudio Audience 72,and the Kef XQ3.If I can get what I want and save big money,then it's a no brainer.
© Axiom Message Boards