Axiom Home Page
Posted By: shin204 LFR880 question - 02/03/17 06:09 PM
Hello

Im planning on upgrading to the LFR 880. I'm currently using the m80 v4 Hp right now. Is there a huge difference in sound quality to consider upgrading?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: LFR880 question - 02/03/17 07:48 PM
There was alot of great reviews for the LFR 1100 and honestly if i had that kind of scratch i would be trying them myself. For 2 channel music i would think they would be a huge improvement over the M80's with regards to sound field and presentation. For home theater i would use them in the same way you use the M80's if you use any kind of ARC .
Posted By: MMM Re: LFR880 question - 02/03/17 08:20 PM
I have not tried the LFR880. I did make the move from the M80.v4 to the LFR1100. Was it worth it. These speakers produce sound so realistic that you would swear the artist was in the room with you.

Again, I didn't have the HP version of the M80, but the LFR1100 give so much base reproduction that I really find it hard to tell the difference between when I have the pair of EP500 turned on or off when playing most music.

The down side, that I will say you probably know from the M80 is that they are not a forgiving speaker and play back to you what your feed it. Give it a crap recording and you will hear every fault and problem . But give it a great recording and it is like velvet.
© Axiom Message Boards