Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 2x6spds LFR1100s Twin EP600s Soon - 03/14/20 05:10 PM
A pair of gorgeous LFR1100s and twin EP600s in piano finish Rosewood are in production. What a system!!

Anticipation! I will report when they are set up.

Hopefully the zombie apocalypse will not interfere.

Good luck to all, stay safe.
Posted By: Mojo Re: LFR1100s Twin EP600s Soon - 03/14/20 05:33 PM
My twin 500s at the front of the room have added so much to the 800 at the back. I will surely upgrade them to 600s.

During The Grey last night, we could feel the unholy storm winds engulf us as they emerged from the depths of the three sealed Axiom subs, the active LFR1100s, the 160 and QS10s. The evil, deep and textured growls from the wolf packs made our hairs stand on end.

Most impressive particularly since we weren't listening anywhere near reference levels (-22).
Posted By: BBIBH Re: LFR1100s Twin EP600s Soon - 03/14/20 05:45 PM
Originally Posted By 2x6spds
A pair of gorgeous LFR1100s and twin EP600s in piano finish Rosewood are in production. What a system!!

Congrats! I look forward to your review!

Are they the active model LFR?
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: LFR1100s Twin EP600s Soon - 03/14/20 07:03 PM
Yes, Mike, they are the actives. I have a pair of LFR1100 Actives with twin 5 channel ADA1500s but the actives came in the semi gloss rosewood instead of the piano rosewood. Axiom's always perfect customer service is on display again and Ian is replacing the semi gloss speakers. The sound quality of the LFR1100 Actives is spectacular.

I am really looking forward to the twin EP600s. I moved the twin EP500s upstairs to my bedroom home theater system. The difference is tremendous!! The bass output of the twin EP500s and solo SVS 20-39 is clean and thunderous.

The only weakness in that HT system is the 7 channel Cary Cinema 7 amplifier. It is very good but the sound quality is not as good as the combination of a monster Yamaha M-80 (for the front Thiel CS3.6s) a Marantz 7025 2 channel and wonderful Canadian Anthem PVA 5 (for the 6 Axiom made Michaura M55 surrounds and VP180 center).

I have to speak with George Meyer repair folks in Los Angeles. I think they want me to keep the Cary 7 in place of the Anthem PVA 5 in for repair as they are not returning my calls. They say they cannot recreate the problem with the Anthem. With all channels driven the volume of the center channel drops to almost nothing after a while. I suppose they can't do the all channels driven + time testing or do not want to replace the center channel amplifier module. The Cary is 7 channel compared to the Anthem's 5 and the Cary has XLR inputs while the Anthem does not. Nevertheless, the Cary just doesn't match the Anthem's sound quality.
© Axiom Message Boards