Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jorge016 Stereo Receiver Recommendations - 02/06/22 03:18 AM
I recently picked up a Music Hall Classic turntable and am in the process of rediscovering the joys of a 45 year old vinyl collection. Does anyone have any recommendations for receiver to pair with my M-22's? I am currently switching between my little monoprice tube amp and a H-K AVR 130. Would like to find something with a little more "umph" and would kind of like to get a receiver with streaming capabilities.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Stereo Receiver Recommendations - 02/06/22 03:29 AM
Onkyo TX-8270
Posted By: Cork Re: Stereo Receiver Recommendations - 02/08/22 02:16 AM
I can't tell if Mojo is kidding. I can never tell when Mojo is kidding.

I've had Onkyo's in the past and while they were a good value, dollars per feature, I didn't love the sound.
I think Yamaha has a warm sound and they are decently powerful. Given availability of anything these days I'll recommend the Yamaha R-N602, because you can get one (Crutchfield). I'll add that it has MusicCast for streaming, which I like.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Stereo Receiver Recommendations - 02/08/22 03:19 AM
Well, I wouldn't ever kid someone looking for help. Not even a dorkster (which I know Jorge is not). I might poke at a dorkster though.

I agree the Yamahas I've heard are warmer than my Onk but I've found their imaging is fuzzy. I don't know why and I do know how that can be sweeter than more defined imaging. I've been happy with my Onk but I think I could find something that can layer the soundstage better. It's definitely better than my old Denon for soundstage and imaging.
Posted By: aaaaaaaaaaaaa Re: Stereo Receiver Recommendations - 02/09/22 11:54 PM
I’d give cambridge a look.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Stereo Receiver Recommendations - 02/10/22 12:30 AM
Outlaw has/had a 2 channel receiver that received excellent reviews.
© Axiom Message Boards