Axiom Home Page
I noticed that the minimum amp power for the M22's is 10 watts. I also remember reading somewhere way back on this board about being able to drive them using less power, without having any problems.

Anyone try this? Or have an opinion on it?

Yes, Chrono, 8 watts is more than enough. I've used a 5 watt per channel SET tubie to drive a pair of M22s, M3s and a pair of M22 like Michaura M55s. I spoke with Joe V at Axiom who said that 5 wpc from a tube amp would be fine.

I spent 3 hours this evening listening to a 5 wpc set up and can tell you that it just doesn't get any better. I listened to a pair of M55s sourced by an upgraded Ah! Njoe Tjoeb tube output CD player upgraded with a pair of Siemens tubes and the upsampler (TjoUpsampler). Loreena McKennett's Elemental, Chris Colangelo's 2 trios + 1 live, and Getz/Jobim on Verve. Couldn't believe my ears.

BTW, for those of you who think that all CD players are the same, do yourselves a favor and track down one of these Ah! CDPs and live a little.
...but what did you have for dinner?
is your tjoeb modded with the upsampler chip?
i've been thinking about getting a new cd player or dvd player with a good cd redbook playback
Yes. It is the best CDP I've ever heard.
I have heard nothing buy glowing remarks on those Ah! CD players.
What's the web site for Ah! ?
Hi Mikey

Kevin Deal at Upscale Audio

http://www.upscaleaudio.com/AH!/ahN.htm
© Axiom Message Boards