Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jtmccoy popping noise with m22's - 01/10/04 11:37 PM
Hey all,

I've had my m22's for a week now, and sure enough, they definitely live up to all the hype. The only thing is that every now and then the tweeter will emit a small popping/clicking noise. It doesn't seem contingent on what I'm listening to. The first time it happened I was listening to some orchestral music, then it happened again with some techno, and finally again just now watching a football game. The volume is not up high at all.

It doesn't really bother me since it happens so rarely, but I wanted to see if that was normal or not and what might be causing it. So, my fellow brothers and sisters of the Axiom family, any ideas?

Thanks! -J.T.
Posted By: JohnK Re: popping noise with m22's - 01/11/04 04:49 AM
JT, if you're absolutely sure that it's coming from just one of your tweeters, that certainly isn't normal and you should speak with Joe at Axiom. However, are you sure that this isn't a general noise coming from both speakers caused by some external interference, such as an electric motor turning on?
Posted By: Willy Re: popping noise with m22's - 01/11/04 05:13 PM
I have heard this as well with my current vp100. I only heard it once during a Metallica song. I also was not listening very loud, but the popping sound was *very* annoying.

Luckily, I got upgraditis before my 30 days were up, and I'll be getting the m22's and vp150 next week to replace my current vp100 and m3ti's...I hope that it won't be happening on the new set.
© Axiom Message Boards