Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SpockTheater Question about integrated amps... - 02/26/04 08:01 PM
Thanks to all the great and helpful people on the board, I thought that I'd run this question past you guys before I made any decisions. I have my M22's with an EP125 for my stereo system and I am thinking of upgrading from an old Kenwood receiver to a NAD C370. I know that there's some NAD fans on the boards plus my cd player is a NAD C541i and it's been wonderful to me. Anyway, here's my question. If I get the C370, will i need to connect the sub to the pre-out? Is this correct? Or will I get no primary volume control for the sub? Thanks for your help.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Question about integrated amps... - 02/26/04 08:17 PM
Spock,

Your instinct is correct. The sub needs to be connected to the pre-out. Adjusting the volume on the NAD will also adjust the volume on the sub pre-out. Pre-out means it bypasses the amplifier stage. The pre-amp stage -- where volume adjustment occurs -- is still in the loop.
Posted By: SpockTheater Re: Question about integrated amps... - 02/26/04 08:27 PM
ahh...thanks for clearing that up for me. Now I'll hear what my M22's sound like with some serious power to them. OH the anticipation.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Question about integrated amps... - 02/27/04 03:05 AM
As long as connecting something to a preout doesn't disconnect (somehow) the internal pre to amp connection...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Question about integrated amps... - 02/27/04 05:42 AM
you'll have to connect it to the second pre-out ( the one with the independent volume) set the volume on it to max and enjoy! you may also want to consider the new C372 which is supposed to be a step above the C370. of course it costs alot more too

i have a 370 and love it, i dont use the pre-amp section in it anymore though since i built myself a tube preamp which sounds quite a bit better
© Axiom Message Boards