Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Anonymous axioms vs. swan divas - 02/15/02 09:58 PM
both are mail-order only. so to decide between both makes it particularly hard and expensive (shipping costs). but it seems like swan and axiom get some of the highest performance/price ratio ratings out there. so here's the question: axiom m22ti's or the swan diva 2.1's?
what's each speaker's particular sound characteristic. what types of music/media would each be best for? i listen mostly to jazz and some classical. but also am planning to use these speakers for 5.1 home theater.

Posted By: BBIBH Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/16/02 03:51 PM
If memory serves there was a very indepth thread about this comparison. I would suggest searching for it.

Regards,

BBIBH
Posted By: Anonymous Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/16/02 05:23 PM
i've looked and i couldn't find it in the home theater, stereo, technical questions, or miscellaneous questions forums. what was the gist of both sides of the argument?

Posted By: BBIBH Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/16/02 06:14 PM
I just searched and it was posted 12/06/2001 in Home Theatre.

If I recall it was a long thread......so, I will let you experience it.

Regards,

BBIBH
Posted By: duff Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/16/02 08:28 PM
check out outlawaudio.com i remember someone comparing the two brands. i think he ended up paying around $300 just to send the swans back after comparing the two systems.

Posted By: Sean Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/16/02 09:22 PM
where in the web site is this?

Posted By: Anonymous Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/16/02 09:34 PM
I've searched the threads and the only thing i can find is the 6.1 vs. M80's thread. and that thread didn't even talk about the speakers. it was just a bunch of people arguing in a forum.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/16/02 09:35 PM
BBIBH posted this:

I just searched and it was posted 12/06/2001 in Home Theatre.

If I recall it was a long thread......so, I will let you experience it.

Regards,

BBIBH

Can you not search as well? Or go back a few pages.

Posted By: BBIBH Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/16/02 09:58 PM
If you search all forums for all posts containing "swan" you get a list. The list contains for the most part, the thread Duff and I was referring to entitled:
"HEY Ian - Axiom M80Ti vs. Swan Diva 6.1 ?". It mentions

It is located on page 4 (currently) but may move down if more posts are made. Last thread post occurred at 01/12/02 02:52 AM. Authored by the infamous (and multiple) "Anonymous "

Hope that helps.

Regards,

BBIBH
Posted By: Anonymous Re: axioms vs. swan divas - 02/17/02 02:16 AM
yes that was me! Tim F

© Axiom Message Boards