Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cleankutazn Burn In - 03/27/04 02:23 PM
I just got my M80's BEST speakers I have ever had. Sound is perfect. Can it sound any better with burn in or its just a myth. Everything I have is brand new also receiver amp etc so will it all sound better?
Posted By: mhorgel Re: Burn In - 03/27/04 03:01 PM
Most of us here, myself included, feel that the concept of "break-in" for speakers and, especialy electronics, is a myth. IMHO most folks who experience break-in are actually breaking in their ears and brain, adjusting to the vastly superior sound of their Axioms. It can take a little getting used to, especially if you are used to boomy bass, distant midrange, and inaccurate highs.

Mark
Posted By: TweedleyD Re: Burn In - 03/27/04 08:01 PM
I 2nd that an 3rd it an 4th it lol
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Burn In - 03/28/04 06:24 AM
burn in is a myth.

i'd like to see someone even attempt to give scientific proof of it - charts and measurements.

the second you plug them in they sound as good as they will get, just maybe not to your ears.

changing speakers is like changing cars, you have to get used to the way it feels before you appreciate it at its best
Posted By: Monstermile Re: Burn In - 03/28/04 03:36 PM
Burn in is something you experience when watching too much CNN or QVC on a projection TV. Like was said your speakers will start sounding better once you are used to the better sound. Break-in really has nothing to do with it.
Posted By: stevel Re: Burn In - 03/31/04 05:23 AM
What amp are you using w/ the M80s ?
© Axiom Message Boards