Axiom Home Page
Posted By: steveo3818 Reciever sound not clean - 03/28/04 05:22 PM
I have a HK AVR520 hooked up to my Axioms. I notice that there is a squelching distorted sound from the speakers (very slight but noticable) when I use my satellite reciever (dish network) . When I run the DVD or the CD player the audio is crystal clear.

Is this a by product of using a satellite receiver that does not have optical or coaxial outputs OR is it just the nature of satellite TV?

-Steve
Posted By: KC_Mike Re: Reciever sound not clean - 03/30/04 06:39 AM
A friend of mine had a similar problem. If I remember correctly, his problem was twofold. The majority of the problem was due to line noise/interference. He had the provider come out and install some sort of filter. That remedied about 98% of the noise. The remainder was a ground hum problem which he then corrected.
Posted By: steveo3818 Re: Reciever sound not clean - 03/30/04 09:55 PM
i was thinking that could be a possibility too. I guess free installs by Dish Network are free for a reason huh?

thanks for the help
Posted By: nowave Re: Reciever sound not clean - 03/31/04 12:52 AM
I could be way off base here... but it could be that the signal from your dish network device is too strong. If you have a voltmeter, you might want to compare the voltage output from the dish thingy to your CD player. Too much voltage on a line level input can cause the kind of sound you are hearing...

just a thought....
© Axiom Message Boards