Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Petre The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 01:52 PM
I'm curious what it's the MOST like in owners opinions.

i.e. - do the Axiom speakers sound most like Infinity's , Polk's , B&W's , Paradigm's etc etc.

What's your opinions ?

I realize they sound most like Axioms ... (for those of you that might say so ... ) I'm considereing trying a pair of M22ti's for my bedroom . Always curious and looking to hear and own anything new

I have no where to hear these in my area so opinions are greatly appreciated , just so I have an idea what to expect.

TIA
Posted By: SeanF Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 02:02 PM
Petre

Not sre about comparing M-22's but I have done a side by side test between Axiom M60's and Paradigm Reference 11's. There was no distinguishable difference in sound.

Sean
Posted By: chesseroo Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 02:37 PM
This short reply by Alan Loftt is a bit of an answer to your question.

Posted By: Petre Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 02:44 PM
So thus far the concensus is that they sound most like the Paradigm's ?

That's a good thing in my book as I like the Paradigm sound

Would the M22's possibly be more on par with the 40's ?

Thanks
Posted By: Petre Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 04:33 PM
Anyone else like to chime in ... other opinions on the Axiom sound and what I can expect ?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 05:05 PM
I think the M60ti sounds very, very similar to the B&W 703 tower. The Energy Veritas 2.2 bookshelf has a similar sound as well, though obviously with less bass.

Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 05:06 PM
I think I'm safe in adding that they sound considerably different than Bose!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 05:33 PM
Petre,

I owned Paradigm Monitor 9s before I got my Axiom M22s. Even though they couldn't compete in the bass area, the M22s absolutely blew the Paradigms out of the water in every other area. I was able to directly compare them in my living room since I sold the Paradigms after the M22s arrived.

As has been mentioned before, to compare Paradigm and Axiom, you have to use the Studio series -- but you've got to pay a lot more for the Paradigms.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 08:18 PM
i'd agree with everyone else so far, they are very comparable to the paradigm studio reference series and the B & W 700 series.
Posted By: Petre Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 08:22 PM
THANKS! for all the responses guys!

I ordered the M22 Ti's in black today . I'm sure they'll make a great addition to my bedroom system .

Will let you all know my impressions once I've got them.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/06/04 08:30 PM
Whatcha got in your other rooms? Be careful... you may have to upgrade that, too!
Posted By: Petre Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/07/04 03:48 PM
Ya never know

I've got all kinds of gear everywhere.

3 HT set ups in my LR bedroom and a dedicated HT and a Stereo listening room which I have a pair of Thiel C6's ... Doubt I'll be replacing those anytime soon

Everywhere else could be up for grabs if the Axiom sound is good enough/better

We'll see
Posted By: spiffnme Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/07/04 04:06 PM
mmm...Thiel C6's... (in my best Homer Simpson voice)

They're one of the very few speakers I really enjoyed listening to in the past year. Too dang expensive though! Sheesh!

Posted By: chesseroo Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/07/04 05:01 PM
The NRC graphs on the Thiels look pretty darn good. Have yet to hear a pair myself.
Posted By: Petre Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/07/04 06:00 PM
I traded / sold some B&W 802's for them .... They are superb!

I use them as a stereo pair in a room about 16 x 30 . Unbelieveable dynamics , soundstage and clarity. Power hungry beasts though.

Definately my favorite speakers ever ... about the only speakers I THINK I want more are the C7.2's But I'm really not sure I could gain much more in that room and might end up losing . Too big a speaker for that room. Anyway ... VERY happy with those.
Posted By: Aeromos Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/11/04 01:15 AM
Hey Petre,

How about posting some pics of your setups? It's always nice to see what other members have.
Posted By: BigWill Re: The Axiom sound ... - 04/11/04 03:42 AM
Petre sounds like a smart man, no?
© Axiom Message Boards