Axiom Home Page
Posted By: cleankutazn Stereophile Test cd 3 - 04/15/04 01:24 AM
Anyone here have this disc? wanted to hear opinions about it first before I buy it.
thanks
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 04/15/04 01:38 AM
most of those discs just have stuff on there whici i find is useless... like an acoustic guitar or a drum solo or something... the only disc that i would consider a test disc is the one i burned with some THX worlds deepest bass, yeah, its pretty useless but its alot of fun!
Posted By: mwc Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 04/15/04 04:13 AM
I have this one and I think its great. It has some basic but very useful test tones but it also has some of the best demo music. In particular, track #8: Airto Moreia and the Gods of Jazz: "Nevermind". There are several other tracts that I also love which include Dick Hyman, Jimmy Rodgers, Doug McCleod, and a very unique bass guitar tune from Dean Peer. I love this disc and listen to the music portions often.
Posted By: curtis Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 04/15/04 04:22 AM
I have it as well. I enjoy the Dean Peer piece the most....in fact I ended up buying the CD that came from...it is excellent.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 04/15/04 06:57 PM
curtis,

I know they're not mean to be, but all your posts are really funny with that port staring at me.
Posted By: curtis Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 04/16/04 01:23 AM
its too bad I can not get the two of them into the alloted space.
Posted By: BrenR Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/07/04 08:02 PM
In reply to:

I know they're not mean to be, but all your posts are really funny with that port staring at me.

That reminds me... I should probably make a proctologist appointment.

Oops... posted outside of the bottom 3 forums.

Bren R.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/08/04 12:13 AM
The thought of going to a proctologist scares me to death. Thin about it - college, medical school, 2 years intern 1-2 years residency. LOTSA education and you've got to be pretty sharp to get through all of it. Then BAM, this person picks proctology as a specialty. On purpose. Don't tell me about the money. Starin' at the old red eye 8 hours a day does not begin to earn enough compensation. Oh man - I'm dying here.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/13/04 07:02 PM
Current research shows that males who regularly "flushed the plumbing" during their late teens through mid 20s are less prone to prostate maladies.
Posted By: James_T Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/13/04 08:25 PM
What is 'flushed the plumbing' a euphemism for? #2 or some time with Mary and her 5 sisters.... (hehe see how I used other euphemisms?, i'm wicket smaht)

jr
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/13/04 08:49 PM
isnt that rosie and her five sisters, or thumbalina and her four sisters??

flogging the dolphin maybe??

bigjohn
Posted By: James_T Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/13/04 09:18 PM
Oops! You are correct John. Rosie Palm to be exact.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/13/04 09:51 PM
No no. It's Palmela, her four skinny friends, and her fat cousin.
Posted By: James_T Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/13/04 09:57 PM
Or Red-haired johnny and his 5 brothers (For those so inclined)? Though, most of my gay friends don't bother with polite euphemisms....

jr
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/14/04 01:45 AM
Agreed - most important to let the Dragon breath.
Posted By: real80sman Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/14/04 11:08 AM
Palmela Handerson.

And lets not forget Mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughters.
Posted By: Tufelhundin Re: Stereophile Test cd 3 - 05/14/04 12:03 PM
Bad Monkey.......

didnt Bren state something about Monkeys?

Semper Fi
© Axiom Message Boards