Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rotipom Axioms and Sloping Loft Ceilings-Help! - 04/20/04 08:53 PM
Hi new dilemma. Just recently discovered I might be moving into a house with two other roommates and would likely occupy a loft bedroom, really small but has great sloping ceilings that drop right to just above standing level. Does anyone have any experience with small, weird shaped sloped ceilinged rooms and m60s?

Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Axioms and Sloping Loft Ceilings-Help! - 04/20/04 10:02 PM
I have my M60's in a large (~14x24) room with weirdly sloping ceilings (above the top of the wall, it's like the inside of half a pyramid, going up to a point at about 18 feet). It rocks, like totally. I mean really, what's the worst thing that could happen?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axioms and Sloping Loft Ceilings-Help! - 04/20/04 11:34 PM
In reply to:

Sloping Loft Ceilings

I thought this was going to be a thread about Alan's hairline.

Posted By: craigsub Re: Axioms and Sloping Loft Ceilings-Help! - 04/21/04 01:35 AM
Actually... That is good news... the odd shapes will keep you from standing waves...
Posted By: Stbean Re: Axioms and Sloping Loft Ceilings-Help! - 04/21/04 06:03 PM
Yes, and they will keep you invisible to radar also!
It will be like a stealth room. =P
Craig makes a good point, a lot of recording studios are built with angled walls (as opposed to a perfect square) to help avoid direct reflections/standing waves. I would assume sloped ceilings would have a similar effect.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axioms and Sloping Loft Ceilings-Help! - 04/21/04 08:32 PM
That's a good point. Standing waves in a room are just as bad as they are inside a speaker cabinet.
© Axiom Message Boards