Axiom Home Page
Posted By: furbee86 adding speakers to a system( impedance) - 05/27/04 07:49 PM
my stereo is powerfully when it comes to bass, so i want to add some tweeters, but im not quite how to wire it so they dont overload the amp, the stereo has an impedance level between 4-8 ohms, and the tweeter i want to add is 6 ohms, is there a way to wire it so it cannot overload the amp, dont wanna end up regret messing with the system.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: adding speakers to a system( impedance) - 05/27/04 09:49 PM
Can you describe what your system is with a little more detail? Generally it is better to replace speakers as a whole, rather than adding components to them.
Posted By: furbee86 Re: adding speakers to a system( impedance) - 05/27/04 10:12 PM
the system is a jvc, 460 watts, there are seprate speaker terminals, 1 for each subwoofer, and 1 for the tweeters/midrange, the tweeters are just not loud enough in contrast to the bass produced, i would like 2 add 2 seprate tweeters for the corners of my room.
Posted By: PapaJimH Re: adding speakers to a system( impedance) - 06/04/04 06:30 PM
Testing 1 2 3.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: adding speakers to a system( impedance) - 06/04/04 06:31 PM
it works

bigjohn
© Axiom Message Boards