Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Toocoolforschool New Cd Player - 07/15/04 04:11 AM
Hey everyone. I am going to purchase a cd player or a dvd player but one that has as good of quality sounding as a cd player. I am looking at about $500 Canadian to spend and i was thinking like Marantz or NAD, but suggestions will be greatly appreciated? My system is the M80s and old Denon DCD 910 cd player and a old integrated Pioneer amp running at 100 watts per channel.

Thanks hope to here from you soon.
Posted By: JohnK Re: New Cd Player - 07/15/04 04:40 AM
Geoff, there's no reason to hesitate to get a combination CD/DVD player; they use a dual laser which operates at a 780nm wavelength which is optimal for CDs and also the 650nm wavelength needed for DVDs. A separate CD player has no advantage in this area. Look for the features that you want at the best price that you can find; sound quality isn't a factor. My own preference is for the megachangers such as those offered by Sony, and I would never again put up with the inconvenience of a single-disc player, but you may not have that feature at the top of your list.
Posted By: bigjohn Re: New Cd Player - 07/15/04 11:57 AM
there are several good dvd/cd players in that price range.. you should be able to get one with all the bells and whistles including playing sacd's, and dvd-a's..

i believe the denon 2200 would be a good, solid unit.. many people in here have them and love them.. i have the pioneer 563-A. it is considered to be an economy player at around $150-$175 bucks, but it meets my needs perfectly. keep in mind, these are single tray players, but each company offers a multi disk player also.

good luck, and i hope you can find something to satisfy your needs.

bigjohn
Posted By: tizeye Re: New Cd Player - 07/16/04 01:49 AM
While the single loader may be inconvenient, remember, the carosel(sp?) changer is usually arount 20" deep. Most racks are 16-18" deep. To avoid it sticking out in front, may need to cut a large hole in back for the unit to fit through.

The nice thing about the single is that you get exercise as you get up to change the CD/DVD. While you are up, how about fetch me another beer as I work on my 12oz curls!
Posted By: duong Re: New Cd Player - 07/16/04 09:43 PM
toocoolforschool,

Harman Kardon DVD22 is an exceptional in your price range.

-Jerry
© Axiom Message Boards