Axiom Home Page
Posted By: maineman buying a vp 150 - 03/26/02 06:20 AM
Hello,
I own a pair of M3's for mains and would like to buy the VP 150 for my center. My receiver is an Onkyo TXDS-474. The receiver is 55 x 5. Can this receiver power the VP 150 at the 6 ohm impedance its rated at? My room is medium size and I dont listen to ht or music at reference levels..Thanks

Posted By: Anonymous Re: buying a vp 150 - 03/26/02 03:11 PM
Hi Maineman,
Yes, at 55 W x 5, your Onkyo 474 will have ample power to drive the VP150 center channel and your M3ti's to satisfying levels--so long as you don't expect reference levels. By reference, I mean subjectively "very loud". If you have the el cheapo (but good) Radio Shack SPL meter, don't try and push volume past 95-96 dB SPL peaks from your listening position.

And next time you have a party, don't forget this and "crank" it up. Many users with modest amps do this, drive their receivers into clipping and burn out drivers.

Regards,
Posted By: alan Re: buying a vp 150 - 03/26/02 06:47 PM
Hi,
The post above was mine, not "Anonymous". Something peculiar with my posts this morning.

Regards,
Posted By: maineman Re: buying a vp 150 - 03/27/02 04:42 AM
Thanks Alan for the prompt reply...and I will abstain from "crankage" at least until I upgrade my receiver...regards David
© Axiom Message Boards