Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BUDSNAXZ I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 02:37 AM
I've been reading in here for a few months and finally got a loan to build a new system. (wifes gonna be pissed when these show up). I am going with a Denon 3805 B stock, Axiom M80ti's,VP150,QS8's from the outlet,HSU VTF-2 MK 2,and a Denon DVD-2200. I will have to wait till 12 weeks for my outlet order. Looks like a loud holiday season though!
Thanks for convincing me all

Posted By: NeverHappy Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 02:40 AM
Very nice set-up :-)
Posted By: Ajax Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 03:05 AM
Welcome Mac,

Congratulations, and I hope you really enjoy your new system. Waiting the 12 weeks will be agony, but the reward at the end of that time period will be prodigious, assuming your wife doesn't toss you out on your ear.

Where did you get the B stock 3805, Dakmart?
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 03:08 AM
Me thinks he won't have to wait 12 weeks! It seems most around here never wait the full term to get there stuff.
Posted By: Ajax Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 03:13 AM
I did. Twice.
Posted By: BUDSNAXZ Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 04:34 AM
I told her and it looks like I'm not gonna get killed too much ;-)
I was looking at the Monster HTS 3500 Power Conditioner to plug it all into. do you think that will take care of all my surge protection and power conditioning needs?
Posted By: BUDSNAXZ Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 04:37 AM
Ajax, yes I'm going to order it from Dakmart
Posted By: JohnK Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 05:22 AM
Mac everything looked pretty good until you mentioned the Monster. The power supply section of the 3805(and any other well-designed receiver) takes care of whatever "power conditioning" is needed. There is some possibility that surge protection would be useful, but one of the very inexpensive devices that're available can cover that(still rather unlikely)possibility. Don't waste your money.
Posted By: NeverHappy Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 05:29 AM
I would have to agree. Save your money for something else. As long as you have clean and stable power coming into your house, your good to go.
Posted By: BUDSNAXZ Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/08/04 05:58 AM
Thanks, I'll take it off the list and maybe think about upgrading the sub before I order it

Posted By: SirQuack Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/11/04 01:56 AM
congrats on your order, which is very similar to my recent order. I just purchased a Denon 2805 and my mansfield b's from the factory outlet are due to arrive the 15th (ep350, vp150, 2 m60's, 2 qs8's(2 more to come soon) The longest lead time was for the m60's at the time of order was 4 weeks, the 15th will be more like 3 weeks, I have heard this is normal that they can come earlier than expected........so maybe you will get them before the holidays
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/11/04 04:58 AM
I wanna see that sub!
Posted By: pablo Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/11/04 02:22 PM
Wow, awesome system. Good luck wiping the grin off your face when you get all the stuff !!
Posted By: powerfreak Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/11/04 06:19 PM
I have to comment on the power conditioner for apartments, though. The Monster works very very well since I had a cable music bleed into my computer and TV speakers. Plugged my systems power and cable into my MK3600 and bingo, all of disappeared. I was using an older Monster surge protector before that didnt do the trick... Just my 2 cents. Im happy with the product
Posted By: BUDSNAXZ Re: I just ordered my Axioms - 09/12/04 05:28 AM
After talking to the folks at Axiom,I did end up ordering the SVS PB1-ISD instead of the HSU. They said it tested and sounded better than the HSU.
Mac

I feel more like I do now than when I got here ! ;-)
© Axiom Message Boards