Axiom Home Page
Posted By: tigerband7 Disappearing Display on Denon Receiver - 09/14/04 08:31 PM
I have an discontinued Denon 1082 AVR putting out 110 WPC in my system consisting of M22s added to a Cambridge Soundworks home theater system in a 1+ year old 24 X 14 room addition along with a Hitachi Ultravision 51" projection tv. Recently the display on the Denon receiver has disappeared except for the indicator lights but the display returns if you make any sort of adjustments - is this normal?
Thanks JR
Posted By: ScottA Re: Disappearing Display on Denon Receiver - 09/14/04 08:45 PM
I have the Denon AVR2805. I have found that if I put it in the Pure Direct mode the display goes off. That is supposed to help eliminate any "noise" for the clearest, cleanest sound. I would maybe check that.

Scott
Posted By: bigjohn Re: Disappearing Display on Denon Receiver - 09/14/04 09:07 PM
my onkyo 701 does the same thing in pure direct.. the whole face shuts off except for a little blue light that lets you know its in pure direct..

although i never use that mode, cause it is the worst sounding of them all..

bigjohn
Do you have the dimmer on?
Posted By: richeydog Re: Disappearing Display on Denon Receiver - 09/15/04 12:08 AM
Hi tigerband7. I second what tleigh says. My hk 230 front panel disappears when I have the dimmer on and only lights up when I make an adjustment with the remote. Check your dimmer function.
Being a Denon It is almost assuredly in the pure direct mode.
© Axiom Message Boards