Axiom Home Page
Posted By: acap005 M60ti and Vandersteen 1C - 11/23/04 11:20 PM
I like the sound of the Vandersteen. I haven't heard the M60ti. How would they compare in term of sound? Both are in the same price range.
Posted By: alan Re: M60ti and Vandersteen 1C - 11/24/04 08:41 PM
Hello acap005,

I have not heard the Vandersteen 1C. But the M60ti is very close to the Vandersteen 2C, which I have heard and I've always liked. Since the 1C is a 2-way system, I suspect that the M60ti, because it's a well-designed 3-way system, would have somewhat greater midrange clarity and detail, like the 2C, which is also a good 3-way.

Regards,
Posted By: acap005 Re: M60ti and Vandersteen 1C - 11/30/04 07:01 PM
Thank you Alan for your input. I am actually have a "lay-way" plan for the Epic 60 w/ VP150 plus cables. All-in-all, I would like to make sure I am getting a fine system. I could put more money in the plan if I have to. My decision has been based on the reviews, your site info, and this forum. My "audiophile" friend was shocked (even upset) that I haven't even audition them first. I think I have faith in Axiom and I want to surprise him.

I have read about "what-if" factor with the "M80ti" and/or "EP500". And I am wondering about the same thing. My room WDH is 18'x22'x9'. I have Denon AVR-3805 to drive them. Most of the time I like listening to the music, with occasionally entertain friends and family with movies. I am opened to suggestions
© Axiom Message Boards