Axiom Home Page
Posted By: expatbrit Brightness Revisited - 12/18/04 06:22 PM
I just added the Axiom resistors to my M60's and am really happy with the results. Contrary to popular opinion they still image corrctly, have a great soundstage, and don't sound like I have a quilt over them! The resisitors just seem to tame my (perceived or room induced) high treble energy and make them more enjoyable to listen to at high volume. Thanks again to Axiom for allowing us customers to make this mod without recrimination, great customer service as always.

Stuart
Posted By: slipONflange Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/18/04 08:27 PM
How do you add the resistors? Do you have to take the speakers apart?

Any pics?
Posted By: expatbrit Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/18/04 08:31 PM
It couldn't be more simple, you simply undo the 4 screws around the tweeter, pull the blue lead, and clip the resistor between the lead and the tweeter terminal. I did both speakers in around 3 minutes.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/19/04 08:11 AM
Do you know how many dB's the resistors tame the tweeters?
Posted By: expatbrit Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/19/04 03:51 PM
Ravi,

Not sure, although I remember Alan went into this in more detail at one point, and even explained that he has the resistors installed on his own M80's. I will do a search.

Stuart
Posted By: expatbrit Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/19/04 04:09 PM
Ravi,

Alan said 1 to 2 dB, although there is a higher resistance set also available. Do a search for 'M60 ear fatigue' to see Alan's comments.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/19/04 05:25 PM
Stuart, I'm really glad the resistors smoothed things out for you.
Posted By: expatbrit Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/19/04 06:14 PM
Hi Jack,

I just spent a few hours listening to my 'new' speakers. I have to say that they are now what I think I was originally looking for and I am really glad that I took the time to try this 'fix'. Now I can stop looking at Rockets and just enjoy my music collection again.
I am also refreshed by peoples support here on the board - no comments about me being a traitor, or ruining my speakers or anything - nice.

Stuart
Posted By: Wid Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/19/04 06:22 PM
In reply to:

I am also refreshed by peoples support here on the board - no comments about me being a traitor, or ruining my speakers or anything - nice.

Stuart,

I am glad you are pleased with the improvment you got with the resistors installed.There should be no such comments as it is you that has to be satisfied no one else.That being said.............enjoy.

Posted By: Grexx Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/22/04 11:44 PM
How much for a pair of resistors?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/22/04 11:45 PM
I believe you simply email Axiom and they'll send them to you for free.

Posted By: Grexx Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/22/04 11:57 PM
Thats what I thought in the first place. I emailed them and they said that you can buy it at $29.00USD. So much for it being free. Oh well I'll stick with my felt pads.
Posted By: Wid Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/23/04 12:02 AM

Call and talk to Joe @ Axiom.I could swear he said they were free.
Posted By: Grexx Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/23/04 12:06 AM
Joe is the guy who quoted me for $29.00/pair.
Posted By: Wid Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/23/04 12:18 AM

You are correct,seems only a couple of days ago Axiom started to charge for the resistors.
Posted By: imposter Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/23/04 03:35 AM
Hey Grexx,
I have a couple of 1.8ohm resistors layin around, I received a pair free then paid aprox. $7/8 for the others, prices have risen around here in the last 2 years. I could send them to you as a gift in the spirit of the holidays...have a happy one.
Posted By: Grexx Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/23/04 02:00 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your generosity. I would appreciate that.
Just a question...why aren't you using these?

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Posted By: expatbrit Re: Brightness Revisited - 12/29/04 12:41 AM
I got mine for free just 2 weeks ago. Maybe I started a run on them!
© Axiom Message Boards