Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Seabear Now that We've already bought 6 Cables... - 05/15/05 04:22 AM
Well, it looks like the 6 cable business with SACD & DVD-A is finally on the way out.
Audioholics posted a story yesterday about the Denon's finally getting the go ahead for the Denon Link to transmit both via one digital cable.
http://www.audioholics.com/news/pressreleases/DenonLink3rdEdition.php

(I just know someone is going to come along and fix that link...)

No More 6 Cables?

Very Funny!

Posted By: curtis Re: Now that We've already bought 6 Cables... - 05/15/05 06:27 AM
I am kind of torn on this issue.

Now your disc player can be nothing more than a transport as far as audio is concerned. If you go that route, you have to be pretty happy with the DACs in your pre-pro/receiver.

If you want a good universal transport with good video, that is still going to cost you, and at this point. it is probably going to have good audio too......so you still have to pay for it.

Now I am all for convenience...but I don't think I am willing to pay a whole lot more for it. Right now, the sound quality between the two different types of connections is still being debated.
In reply to:

it looks like the 6 cable business with SACD & DVD-A is finally on the way out

.......for some. Me, I will be keeping analog cables in my system. Not to start a whole debate but I will take the DAC's in my Denon 2900 over my HK 630 anyday and everyday!
the 2900 doesn't have denonlink , does it? i know the 2910 doesn't, but i'm not sure about the 2900...
Totally agree. I'll keep my analog cables thank you very much.
In reply to:

the 2900 doesn't have denonlink , does it?

Nope.
Ah, you know, I had not even thought of that end of the issue.
Not that I am even close to thinking about upgrading, but given how much I enjoy the Dacs in the 2900, I would think long and hard before turning over that conversion to something else.
Good Point.
© Axiom Message Boards