Axiom Home Page
My M60s are 15 feet away, 8 feet apart - I can't decide with my newbie ears, should they be toed in or parallel?
It all depends on the room and what you like. We can't answer for you without hearing them. So, plane tickets for everybody is in order.
Count me in. I've never been to Texas!
Yasa, the general suggestion is to have the speakers slightly toed-in so that the tweeters are pointing at your ears. With the relatively long distance away for that 8' separation you're not very far off the tweeter axis even if the speakers are parallel, so it might make little or no difference. If your room can accommodate it, a few feet more separation(with toe-in)might be in order.
I found that if I had my 60's going straight out that if you sat on one side of the couch the 60 that was staring you down was a bit overpowering. Toeing them in a bit helped with this phenomenon quite a bit to allow for a wider sweet spot.

Possibly just my room and my stuff and my ears though.
I find that the M60's are very directional. Find the "sweet spot" in front of the TV, Stereo or wherever you are using them and aim towards that.

Sean
My 80's are 9 feet away and 15 feet apart. I have them toed in for my sweet spot. Luckily nobody in the room cares how it sounds but me.
Thanks for the replies...Unfortunately I can't go wider...
Here's a recent picture of my system, but the center is actually an M22 - this is just an action shot

Very nice!

Sirquack... I just saw u on the AVS boards. That Alimentall dude is quite a piece of work huh? I am A_Newbie

Man that's a beautiful shot of your 60s.I only wish I had the ability to take photos like that.Nice home page too.
Mine are 15 feet away and 12 feet apart.

So I toed them in AND put them on blocks (I'll probably end up building pedastals)

I THINK I like it better
Thanks wid... here's another one...a brochure type photo of my M60 next to its brother the M22

Now you'er just teasing Nice,real nice.
That is a really nice photo. Stared for a while. . .gosh I love these speakers.
© Axiom Message Boards