Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jeverne Stereo Subwoofer Cabling - 08/29/05 09:28 PM
My Denon DRA-395 Receiver only has one OUT plug for a Subwoofer cable labeled PRE OUT SUBWOOFER. But my new EP-125 Subwoofer has two (L & R) LINE IN plugs. Do I get some kind of Y plug to go from the Receiver to the Subwoofer? I am not an audiophile. Can you tell? Thanks
Posted By: koiman Re: Stereo Subwoofer Cabling - 08/29/05 11:28 PM
Just simply plug your subwoofer rca cable in either the right or left subwoofer input and you are ready to go. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Stereo Subwoofer Cabling - 08/29/05 11:31 PM
Just using one of the inputs on the EP125 will work fine. From your manual --

"...connect a single shielded cable from the receiver’s “Sub Out” jack to the “Left” or “Right” “Line Level In” RCA jack on the Epicenter’s rear panel. There is no advantage to using a Y-adapter because it is a mono subwoofer signal from the A/V receiver."

I have heard that using a Y connector will increase the input to the sub by 3 to 6 dB. If true, that might be a minor advantage, but I can't attest to the validity of that statement.
Posted By: bridgman Re: Stereo Subwoofer Cabling - 08/30/05 01:49 AM
I assume they have two inputs for use with non-AV receivers, where all you have is preamp-out signals (stereo). If you only use one of the two pre-out jacks you only get the bass from one channel... so the sub lets you run both signals in and it mixes them to create a single bass signal which covers both channels.
Posted By: jeverne Re: Stereo Subwoofer Cabling - 08/30/05 04:35 AM
Thank you.
© Axiom Message Boards