Axiom Home Page
not sure which is right, but i think it's IKON...i saw these at a higher end stereo store the other day. i have never heard of them, but they had a HUGE, and i mean HUGE pair...with 2 12" subs in the side of each tower...they had to be 6 ft tall... just wondered. they were priced around 7000.00 a pair

yup. that looks like them. are they any good? i have never heard of them before
I've never had an opportunity to listen them.
http://www.ikon-audio.com/index.html

The site looks a little fishy to me. They don't provide good specs, a phone number and email.Is it Just me?
Judging solely by the site, I'd steer clear. Just look at the graphs on this page. It looks like they can't even get their crossovers right if the response really leaves big gaps like that. (I realize the graphs are for illustration purposes only, but still...)

They don't give any detailed specs whatsoever. I'm willing to bet that the frequency responses would not be very flat.
I haven't got a clue, but...

...at first glance at the photo, and I don't know why I think this, but for some reason the "White Van" speakers come to mind.

Gotta be one helluva big van though

All kidding aside; if they were sold thru a high-end store, they may, of course, have been legit.

At any rate, never heard of 'em either.....wonder how many thousand different speaker manufacturers are existant on any given day??!!

Bet it's a bunch
Rich.

can someone explain to me how to read a graph? i never understood it or what "flat" means ...sorry, i'm a newb..help me understand? TIA
I don't see IKON anywhere on the white van scam list but that doesn't make them legit. Their website is a bit odd. And there does seem to be some big gaps in their freq. response. For $7000 each? I don't think so.
The factory address seems to be the same as that of Quest Audio, who made some nice inexpensive speakers sold through Futureshop :

http://www.questhifi.com/speakers/home.html

Those IKON speakers sure are big, aren't they.

Hmm. Just poked around the Quest site. The speakers I knew and liked seem to have been discontinued.

So with the towers, you would spend $7000, have four built-in 12" subs, an 800watt amp and only go down to 30hz?!?!?!? Someone in the engineering dept didn't do their homework!

For half that I'll take a pair of M80's and an EP600, thank-you. And with my SINGLE 12" sub, I can enjoy the rumblings of 16hz.
I think those speakers are made for the "it goes up to 11" crowd...
They're a legit company, bigtime. I dunno about other cities but here in Winnipeg there are two electronics dealerships that sell them. One of them, Krazy Krazy, even has a whole room set up to demo them. Not too thrilled with the huge ones (too much is too much y'know), but the medium and smaller sets sound pretty damn good. It's a toss-up for me whether to go Ikon or JBL.

Try some Axioms.
© Axiom Message Boards