Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Saltyhook Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 07:41 PM
Yes this is my first post, & I have the audio bug bad. I have had this affliction ever since I heard a pair of Klipsch Horns in about 1963,but could never afford. Now some 40 years latter I can afford a pair of used Klipchs, or Axiom m80's. My listening area is abot 18x38 & I am currently runing (two channel only)Eosone 600's,pushed by Onkyo 8511 receiver, that I am reasonably satisfied with but cant help but think perhaps I have only begun to crack open the door to truly fine hi-fi. I have spent hours reading this forum, & fully understand that the only way to really know what I will like best is to do the side by side a-b test in my on home. But with the vast amount of experienced user's found on this board, I am hoping there might be a previous owner of Eosone who would share there thoughts on a comparison of Eosone 600, Axiom m80, & Klipsch Cornwall. Will I really hear a $1,000.00 differnce?

Thank's Saltyhook
Posted By: Ajax Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 07:49 PM
Hiya Salty,

I won't be much help on the Eosone/Axiom comparison. But you might try dropping a private message to Craigsub. He has the M80s, and I know he has owned Klipsch. I think they were the Cornwalls, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Wid Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 08:33 PM
I thought I remember Craig having Cornerhorns, of course I could be wrong.There was a fellow here a bit back that had some Klipsch Hershey's and went to some M60s.He has told me that there was a vast difference between the two.He perfered the M60s to the Klipsch.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 09:09 PM
Yeah I just went looking for a photo of the Cornwalls, and the have a flat back. The ones Craig had, had a triangular back, kinda like the LaScalas, but I don't think he had LaScalas. I dunno. Don't mind me. I'm old!
Posted By: Wid Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 09:34 PM
Were they like these ?

Posted By: RickF Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 09:50 PM
Rick that thing looks like a Bose 901 sitting on top of the cookie sheet cabinet in our kitchen...slightly off color though.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 09:54 PM
Don't be giving Bose any ideas now....
Posted By: craigsub Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 10:06 PM
tsk ... That "thing" is the loudspeaker that made audio history. That is a speaker which has been in constant production since 1947 - The original Klipschorn.

We had a pair of those, a pair of Belles and still have a pair of Cornwalls in our garage for summer "Rock Out" parties.

Great speakers, the Cornwalls - but very quirky.
Posted By: Wid Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 10:18 PM
Shame on you Rick, if you ever heard a set I do beleive you would be impressed.Back in the 80s I used to frequent a shop that carried these and would go in for listen as much as possible.I loved these speakers but couldn't afford them at the time.
Posted By: RickF Re: Eosone 600 compared to Axiom m80 - 12/07/05 11:49 PM
Sorry fellas, I must have been doing other things 'back in the day' and missed this wonderful speaker that looks like a Bose 901 sitting on top of a cookie sheet cabinet in my kitchen. I'll refrain from now on.
© Axiom Message Boards