Axiom Home Page
Posted By: canuck_dan TYPES OF MUSIC ?? - 12/09/05 09:16 PM
like others posting questions i am contemplating taking the plunge and purchasing new speakers (to replace my paradigm titans). i am looking at the m3ti or the m22ti....the questions is, is there a music these speakers are more suited too ?? i find my speakers now can sound great (tons of detail) with some music then turn around and sound not as good with other types of music.
also how would you best describe the sound characteristics of these speakers ?
any answers would be greatly appreciated !!

canuck_dan

"make the first question a good one"
Posted By: Wid Re: TYPES OF MUSIC ?? - 12/09/05 09:40 PM
It's my belief that it doesn't matter a what type of music you play it's more of the quality of the source itself. If you feed the Axioms a poorly recorded disc they will reveal the flaws in the disc. While on the other hand when you play a really good recording they do sound great. I listen to classic rock, blues, old r&b, and a little bit of newer heavy metal.To me my M80s sound great with all these types of music.
Posted By: alan Re: TYPES OF MUSIC ?? - 12/09/05 09:58 PM
Hi canuck_dan,

You'll find either the M3ti or M22t Axiom more neutral and smoother than the Titans, which are quite good small speakers (years ago I reviewed them for an A/V magazine I edited and I still have a pair. I keep a number of different brands of bookshelf speakers around for comparative listening tests).

Everything Wid posted is true about the Axioms, but there are some slight differences in tonal balance between the M22ti and the M3ti. In the midrange, the M22 has a little more clarity and detail on vocals, percussion, choral, and lots of instruments. It's fairly subtle, but it's audible on immediate A/B comparisons. The M3ti is a little softer in the mids, a bit more "laid-back".

If are not planning to use a subwoofer for greater deep bass output, the M3ti has more perceptible bass than the M22ti. It's a bit "fuller" or richer sounding in the low octaves. The M22 is a touch "leaner". The M22ti really excels when you add a subwoofer (and so does the tonally very similar M2i).

Regards,
Posted By: SirQuack Re: TYPES OF MUSIC ?? - 12/09/05 10:03 PM
I say go for the M50's or M60's

Welcome Dan.....
Posted By: Hambrabi Re: TYPES OF MUSIC ?? - 12/13/05 02:59 PM
I've listened to my Paradigm Titans and the M22ti back to back in the same room. The M22ti is noticeably smoother than the Titans in the midrange and treble. As long as you add a subwoofer to your system, the Axioms are an audible upgrade from your Titans, regardless of music type.

Daniel Ho
© Axiom Message Boards