Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oachalon New Tweeter? - 12/22/05 09:20 PM
I noticed my tweeter in my m60 wasnt working the other day and with axioms great customer service i received a new one in a few days. Anyhow I noticed that the tweeter I received instead says axiom on it instead of just the A symbol on mine. Also i noticed the magnet was smaller on the new one. Both same weight though. Did Axiom redesign their tweeter?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New Tweeter? - 12/22/05 09:46 PM
When did you buy your m60's?
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: New Tweeter? - 12/22/05 11:47 PM
Wow; am I embarassed......shows how long ago I last REALLY looked at the pictures in the "Products" area!

Wonder when that happened?
Posted By: oachalon Re: New Tweeter? - 12/23/05 02:07 AM
I bought my m60s at the end of 03. I bought my vp150 at the beginning of 04 and i bought my qs4s in the middle of 04 and they all use the same tweeters. I got my qs4s after they switched from the hyrbid tweeter. So who knows when they switched but I dont think anyone has noticed either.
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: New Tweeter? - 12/23/05 12:27 PM
I know who would notice!!

The person who walked into the room where someone has a system.....with the grilles OFF!!

They could look at the speakers and see that they were "Axiom" rather than just "a"

....yeah, maybe that's too easy.

....right; dosen't explain the physical differences....ok, I'm stumped.
Posted By: oachalon Re: New Tweeter? - 12/23/05 07:19 PM
I noticed right away when i received the new tweeter that it said Axiom on it instead of A. Then when i pulled the old one out I noticed the physical difference. I guess people havent paid enough attention on the site in the products section where the tweeters now say axiom on them. Now we need to find out what changed.
Posted By: bridgman Re: New Tweeter? - 12/24/05 03:53 PM
Ahh, this makes me feel better. One of the tweeters on my M60 wasn't working (that's why there was such a big tonal difference between M60 and VP100 ) and the replacement said "Axiom" on the front instead of just "A". I figured I had gotten an older tweeter as a replacement but it sounded just like the other one so I didn't care.

It's good to know the replacement was newer. It would be interesting to know the difference between old and new designs but I normally find I don't have the background to fully understand the answers anyways
© Axiom Message Boards