Axiom Home Page
All I can say is WOW!!! Just hooked up my Denon, Pani s97s and the M80 towers...popped in Steely Dan "Can't buy a thrill"....These speakers blow my mind. So crisp. just awesome in my opinion! Makes it fun to listen to old Cd's that have been sitting for quite some time. Thanks guys for your great reviews of these speakers, I had never even heard the name Axiom or even heard one note come through a set. I bought them because of all that is written online and you all are right...THEY ROCK!!!

Alex
Just wait they haven't even broken in yet!
Have you had a chance to calibrate them? I assume you used the AutoSetup with mic? Do you have a SPL Radio Shack meter?

Just my opinion, but turn off the Room EQ, if you have that turned on. they will sound even better, if that is possible...

Yes they do (Randy) rock . It's good to see another M80 member on board. I think we might be catching up to the M60 posse.
Just what I needed. My DVD player is #$&! and then I have to suffer from M80 envy.
Congrats to another happy 80s owner!
What color are your 80's wid? I'll trade ya if they are Mansfields.... My room is bigger than your anyway.. ha ha
Mine are Boston Cherry, sorry, I might have taken ya up on that...........................................................NOT
Alex:

The M80ti towers will sound even better after a few weeks of use! After much experimentation with the speakers and the Denon 3805, i am using these settings (in case you are interested):

Room EQ OFF.
M80's are "Large" speakers.
LFE Crossover setting at 40Hz.
LFE sent to Mains+Subwoofer.

I know most people set the crossover at 60 or 80Hz. But the M80's are supposedly good for 25hz-22khz. And I have 4 M80s and the EP600 subwoofer. My 5.1 channel setup is used for both movies and music. Hearing multichannel music from this setup ROCKS!
Thanks Richie, I'll try those settings. I am just so thrilled with this new theater/music room. I have NEVER owned any speakers like these, I can only imagine 4 of them! I'll buy the EP500 and QS8's as the money trickels in, LOL. I've got a sony 10" sub and Polk in wall rear speakers that will "do" until I can spring for the remainder of the Axiom set up. My neighbor across the street already has his theater set up and went with Definitive Technology. I was darn close to buying Def Tech as his does sound very good. For some reason, I wanted something different than he has so I went Axiom. Gotta say...I love it!
Alex:

You are welcome! The four M80's sound so good together that I have almost decided not to get any QS8's for the back surrounds. I am very happy with my 5.1 system. But eventually I will upgrade to a 7.1 system. I may have to start saving right now for two more M80 tower speakers! :-)
© Axiom Message Boards