Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mark4583 QS8's for Stereo? - 01/20/06 04:42 AM
I see alot of reviews saying how great the QS8's are for 5:1 and 7:1 HT, but how do they sound when you use in stereo mode?
I have the Mti 60's and was thinking these and the 150 center channel. I watch alot of movies but I also like to listen to music, just woundering how they would compare to the Mti 22's,
Thanks
Posted By: SirQuack Re: QS8's for Stereo? - 01/20/06 05:14 AM
This actually gets discussed a lot around here. I think most will agree with me that the Qs8's do a great job for music listening. I have a number of music DVD's that I play in 5.1DD or DTS or 7.1 (PLIIx mode) and it sounds like your on stage with the band.

I also listen to CD's in 5 or 7 channel stereo mode on my Denon and they sound great also. I would say if you were only going to listen to cd's or other forms of music, you migh consider bookshelves or a second pair of mains. Since you watch a lot of movies, the Q's are a must in my opinion, there is nothing like them when it comes to surround experience.
Posted By: kobe67 Re: QS8's for Stereo? - 01/20/06 07:52 AM
I would think it would be like how some computer speakers are advertised as "2.1 surround" with each satellite being a speaker with the speaker cones pointing in opposing directions and let one sort of be a phantom rear and have the listener only hear the reflections.
Posted By: mark4583 Re: QS8's for Stereo? - 01/20/06 10:41 AM
Right now im just kinda stuck deciding between these and the Mti 22's, Im kinda leaning to the 22's being that Music is more important to me than the movie sounds
Posted By: JohnK Re: QS8's for Stereo? - 01/20/06 11:04 AM
Mark, I don't think you meant stereo "mode" because the surrounds are silent in that mode and only the mains(plus sub)operate. Stereo source material can and should be played in a mode(e.g. DPLII, Logic 7)which steers ambience to the surrounds. For that use very wide dispersion surround speakers, such as the QSs, would have an edge, since no specific instruments are actually discretely located in the surround channels, just their reflected ambience, which should be widely dispersed rather than narrowly located.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: QS8's for Stereo? - 01/20/06 03:17 PM
You might want to listen to them, I'll never go back to direct radiating.
Posted By: mrnomas Re: QS8's for Stereo? - 01/21/06 01:08 AM
In reply to:

You might want to listen to them, I'll never go back to direct radiating.

I agree.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: QS8's for Stereo? - 01/21/06 05:05 AM
Never say never!
© Axiom Message Boards