Axiom Home Page
Posted By: michael_d CD player choices…… - 03/19/06 04:18 PM
I’ve decided to buy a single disk player to go along with my mega-changers. While I love the random play of all my CD’s, I find that there are times when I just want to pop in a CD and spin it. It’s just too much of a hassle with the changers…..

Oh the impatient ADD life……..it gets expensive.

So anyway, I’m looking at three right now that have caught my eye to go along with the Rotel 1080/1070 two channel system. Looking to keep the cost under a grand.

1 – Rega Apollo
2 – Rotel RCD-1072
3 – Arcam 73T

The Rotel will go nicely with my gear. Gets rave reviews.

The Rega is new, but the Wolfson WM8740 Sigma Delta 24bit DAC sounds sexy. Something with a name like that just has to sound good. Top loading might be a bit of an inconvenience.

The Arcam also has Wolfson DAC’s.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: CD player choices…… - 03/19/06 05:50 PM
my choice would also be the Rotel. I'd look for one on audiogon.com. That'll save you some coin.

Posted By: HomeDad Re: CD player choices…… - 03/19/06 05:55 PM
They are all great looking players, personally I haven't heard any of them, I like the looks of the Rotel best, for me that's always been the tie-breaker when it comes to similar equipment, and if it matches my other gear, that's the ticket.
Posted By: oz350z Re: CD player choices…… - 03/19/06 08:33 PM
If it were me I would probably go with the Rotel out those 3. I don't like the top load idea. Between the other two I would probably just opt to match my existing pieces.
Another nice choice is the Music Hall cd25.2 @ $599.
It has Burr-Brown 24 bit, 192 kHzPCM 1738 DAC and the highly regarded Philips VAM1202/19 transport. Also 2 digital outs 1 coaxial 1 optical.
I have the earlier version that has been upgraded to equal or surpass the model 2. Mine also plays HDCD's if that means anything to you. I imagine the new models do as well but not certain.Anyway it is a very nice sounding player I just wish it played mp3's as well.
oz

Posted By: michael_d Re: CD player choices…… - 03/21/06 02:25 AM
Another one to my list......Cambridge Audio.

Man this is getting tough. I'm leaning towards the Rotel though.
© Axiom Message Boards