Axiom Home Page
Posted By: VikingShips Meadowlark speakers - EXPENSIVE! - 03/23/06 02:36 AM
I know there are more expensive speakers than Axiom (!) but these really did shock me: MoneyMoneyMoney . They make similar claims to neutrality / clarity as Axiom does, but check out the prices. One pair apparently going for $13000 on their home page..... The design reminds me of what I did in shop when I discovered how to use a router with a rounding over bit; but the real wood finish is very nice.

Anyone heard them?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Meadowlark speakers - EXPENSIVE! - 03/23/06 03:30 AM
The most expensive ones are rated 22Hz - 50kHz (50!!!), unqualified by +/- ratings.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Meadowlark speakers - EXPENSIVE! - 03/23/06 03:32 AM
Their top-of-the-line speaker is very expensive. But they were generally well-regarded speakers. Good sound, good components, and wood cabinets. The one caveat--Meadowlark is no longer in business.

A separate company liquidated the remaining stock of speakers. There were some great deals to be had. Meadowlark speakers still show up quite often, but maybe not at the drastic discount one would expect.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Meadowlark speakers - EXPENSIVE! - 03/23/06 06:23 AM
if you think 13k for a pair of speakers is outrageous you obviosuly havent seen any of the esoteric high end. Think, Alon,B&W,JM labs, Eggleston etc..
Posted By: ratpack Re: Meadowlark speakers - EXPENSIVE! - 03/23/06 12:24 PM
I have seen some speakers advertised at $25,000 a pair. If you are swimming in money, why not?
Posted By: oz350z Re: Meadowlark speakers - EXPENSIVE! - 03/23/06 03:18 PM
If you have a dealer that is local I would encourage you to go listen to them. I auditioned the Blue Heron. If I remember correctly they start at 14,000 and go up depending on the finish you desire. I was speachless. The best speakers I have ever heard. They were matched up to top of the line VTL tube monoblocs. I didn't want to leave the shop. I told my buddy who was with me that I was glad I left the charge card home.
oz
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Meadowlark speakers - EXPENSIVE! - 03/23/06 03:48 PM
Tyler Acoustics is around the corner from were I work. Beautiful and expensive stuff. They have no sign on the building. Just a business card taped to the door.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Meadowlark speakers - EXPENSIVE! - 03/23/06 03:54 PM
Tyler has a great reputation as well as quality speakers, I'm actually having him build me a pair of bookshelfs as we speak. Customer service like Axiom, and he answers the phone when you call for information, very friendly guy.
Still waiting for you review on your new centers
© Axiom Message Boards