Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bugbitten AV Stand - 05/08/06 04:49 PM
I was thinking about mounting a four shelf stand on this dolly.

The stand is $150 at BB and the dolly $25 at Lowe's.

The bottom shelf would sit on the dolly with the amp on that shelf. Power center above that. Denon next. DVD player on top.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: AV Stand - 05/08/06 05:15 PM
Doug:
I have a tall Bell'O glass stand that sits on a platform I made with low-profile appliance casters:

It only rolls straight, but I felt more confident with the low profile and heavy-rated design of this style caster. The platform is covered with the HD (heavy duty, not high definition) material that is used to cover PA speaker cabinets and such. The material was cut in such a way that it makes for a little "skirt" in front so that it just looks like a black base...you don't really see the casters.

"In the photo above, I have it's little skirt lifted" replied the straight man. To which others responded:

Posted By: bugbitten Re: AV Stand - 05/08/06 05:19 PM
That looks good. It's important not to mark the floors.

I think I need the swivel and wheels that can go from wood the rug and not snag.
Posted By: newkid2005 Re: AV Stand - 05/08/06 05:29 PM
where did you find those low profile appliance casters ??
thanks
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: AV Stand - 05/08/06 05:49 PM
In reply to:

where did you find those low profile appliance casters ??

Shoulda mentioned that! Found 'em at Home Depot. (Don't tell Peter.) They're made by Shepherd, model 9603

Posted By: newkid2005 Re: AV Stand - 05/08/06 05:56 PM
thanks for the link.....i am sure there must be some way to attach them to the av rack.....
Posted By: michael_d Re: AV Stand - 05/10/06 04:22 PM
Ever used those carpet sliders for moving furniture? They work amazingly well. I’ve moved stuff across carpet, hardwood and tile. You could incorporate them into the mix with some wood under the carpet spikes.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: AV Stand - 05/10/06 05:31 PM
I have carpet sliders. Keep a set under the tv stand all the time.

You have to be care that the floors are clean so that you don't get something under the slider and scratch the floor.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: AV Stand - 05/10/06 10:42 PM
Bought the stand. Went to Lowes and bought 4 2-inch casters to attach. Left off the bottom legs and set the casters close to the corners. Works great!
© Axiom Message Boards