Axiom Home Page
Posted By: HomeDad Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/08/06 05:35 PM
I'm looking to replace my Aperion 532's as my rear surrounds with one of Axioms custom finish products.
Any advice on the three choices I'm looking at, M3's, QS4's or QS8's. Unfortunately because of my setup I can't use the QS's as the side surrounds, and I'm wondering if they will make a difference used as my 7.1 rears, or should I stay with a direct radiating speaker like the M3? I'll be using my existing Omnimount 20's as the mounts. Thanks
Posted By: Tarun Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/08/06 05:38 PM
While I am no expert on the topic, I can tell you that the QS8's blow away anything I have ever heard as a surround speaker. I too have an odd mounting situation, however these things just seem to work with a little bit of spl tweaking.

The quad polar design really makes them rock.

Also note that you can buy the QS stands from Axiom to take full advantage of these...especially if mounting is an issue.

-Tarun
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/08/06 06:06 PM
How far away are the rears from listening position?
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/08/06 06:52 PM
Both are approx. 10 to 11 ft. away.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/10/06 04:45 PM
At those distances I would go with QS8s. Close enough that the back channels with fill the back of the room with sound. Much farther and I would consider M3s.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/10/06 08:14 PM
Thanks guys, the QS8's were on the top of my list, I think that's the way I will probably go.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/11/06 06:47 PM
Let us know how it goes!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/11/06 07:38 PM
Of course Just trying to decide if I need a custom finish or not, don't know if I can wait 6 weeks
Posted By: F107plus5 Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/12/06 02:53 PM
Quote:

Of course Just trying to decide if I need a custom finish or not, don't know if I can wait 6 weeks

The problem comes in when waking up in seven weeks and surveying the situation!!

Bummer.
Rich.

.......I have absolutely no room to talk; I couldn't even wait THREE DAYS!!
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/12/06 05:37 PM
I just pulled the trigger on some QS8's, went with the Mansfield Beach, I figured that color would blend the best in the location I'll be placing them. Will let you guys know what I think in a few days
Posted By: littleb Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/12/06 07:50 PM
When I ordered mine, I went with the light maple since they sort of matched the walls they were going to be hanging on, and the wait period was short, in comparsion to the other colors. I think I had them in about 7 days. Now, I have to look into those M80 wait periods.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/12/06 07:59 PM
I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on the QS8s, Michael.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/12/06 11:53 PM
Sounds great HomeDad. You must have ordered 1st line stuff.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Advice on 7.1 speaker choice - 06/13/06 12:07 AM
Went with the first line, although I know the outlet stuff is just as good, the wait is just to agonizing
© Axiom Message Boards