Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Daffy Mixing brands - 07/25/06 10:57 PM
A freind of mine purchased my Def Tech 2002 towers and BP 1 surrounds but needs a center channel. He can not find any Def Techs at a reasonable price. My thought is that he could get the Axiom 150 center since either brand is direct radiating and not loose much in sound matching.

Your thoughts??
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Mixing brands - 07/26/06 12:00 AM
Imo it is important to match the center to the surrounds, I was using a non Axiom center when I first got my M80's and to me it sounded great, until I decided to switch over to a vp150, then I realized there was a big difference in how everything blended seemlessly together with matched speakers. On the other hand they may go well together and he can always use the 30 day trial.
Posted By: Daffy Re: Mixing brands - 07/26/06 02:25 AM
I went out for a little while tonight and the same thought you shared entered my mind. Axiom owners must think a like. Thanks for your input.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Mixing brands - 07/26/06 02:48 AM
For me I think it is more important that your Center Channel speaker share the same tone qualities as the left/right mains. It is also very important that all the tweeters are lined up as much as possible. My first system was a heinze 57 mixture of various brand speakers. Yep, it sounded good, but I didn't know any better, that is until I found Axiom.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Mixing brands - 07/26/06 02:33 PM
Quote:

It is also very important that all the tweeters are lined up as much as possible.

Your talking center tweeters with mains' tweeters? Not many times where this is possible if that is what you mean. Most find their centers higher or lower than the mains.
© Axiom Message Boards