Axiom Home Page
Posted By: drew88 Unable to play PS games through Yamaha V2600 - 10/14/06 04:02 PM
I've just finished hooking up my surround sound system and have run into several problems. Firstly, I am unable to play PSone games on my PS2. Sound is present but no picture, which isn't happening when I put in PS2 games. I tried turning off the up conversion but thats not doing anything either. Might anyone know what the problem is? Keep in mind I'm connecting the V2600 to the TV with HDMI.

My other problem is my VP150. Two of the woofers seem to be distorting on certain sounds. Specifically with things like fire and cellos and some voices, two of the woofers make an annoying sound as if they can't handle the sound. Please note that this isn't just happening at very high volumes. I'm beginning to think that they were damaged during shipping. I hope I'm wrong.
Try checking whether the two woofers are screwed in properly. And give Axiom a call, if that doesn't work.

As for the PSOne, I haven't a clue.
With the PSone games, try connecting the PS2 directly to the TV to see that everything works there. Then try running it through the receiver from several different inputs (DVD, DTV, etc.), just to make sure one of them isn't messing it up. Other then that, I don't know what else to check. There's an options menu that you can open up when you start the PS2 without a game in, check in there for anything that might be causeing this.

Also, try using a couple different PSone games, just to make sure it isn't just something wrong with that particular disc.
Thank you for the advice, but nothing has worked. I am completely stumped on the PS games. Some games start for a few moments and then black out while the sound continues playing. It is frustrating, it works when I hook it to the TV, but the games look horrible without the upconversion.
© Axiom Message Boards