Axiom Home Page
Posted By: WeakerSpeaker M22 Wall mounting - 12/04/06 03:04 PM
Hi all,

I have very recently jumped onto the Axiom bandwagon thanks to Jakewash allowing me to audition his speakers.

Now that I've ordered the speakers, a friend of mine pointed out that one of my front M22s will reside next to a higher traffic door and it might not be a good idea to have the speaker on a stand as it could be knocked over (dog and little kids). I spent a lot of time searching this weekend for some kind of wall mount for the speakers and have pretty much decided to buy LCD monitor wall mounts (Peerless SA730P) and doing a little MacGyvering. This way I can swing the speakers out for use and tuck them up againt the wall for safety.

However, I thought I would see what you fine people conjour up as other options.

Cheers
Posted By: Hutzal Re: M22 Wall mounting - 12/04/06 03:17 PM
You could use the Axiom FMB...

Posted By: Ajax Re: M22 Wall mounting - 12/04/06 03:22 PM
Link to the FMB
Posted By: WeakerSpeaker Re: M22 Wall mounting - 12/04/06 04:31 PM
Thank you gentlemen for your replies...

I did check out the Axiom brackets which are very nice but they do not meet my needs. I guess a little more information is necessary...

The area where the speakers will reside is in a 5' x 10' extenion of our house. On the left is a 36 x 60" window, in the middle is an 84 x 60" window, and on the right is the higher traffic entrance door.

Because of the configuration of the room, the outside three walls (covering the windows and the door) will have curtains leaving the best location to mount the speakers being the corners... The Axiom speaker brackets are just not deep enough.

Cheers
Posted By: jakewash Re: M22 Wall mounting - 12/04/06 07:02 PM
What about the ceiling mounts . They could still be used for the wall; or you could build a wood box to match the trim in the room and mount it to the wall to push the speaker mounts out.
© Axiom Message Boards