Axiom Home Page
Posted By: blobula Audio/video cable retailers - 01/03/07 01:26 AM
What are some good online retailers to buy audio/video cables from?

HDMI, DVI, Coax cables, etc...

Ebay, Ram, and Crutchfield are some I've checked out.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/03/07 01:32 AM
Monoprice.com
Bluejeanscable.com

spring to mind.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/03/07 04:06 AM
I second Ken's advice, have purchased most of my cables from Monoprice or BlueJeans Cable. However, my 12 gauge speaker wire I found on Ebay in a large spool.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/03/07 04:09 AM
I bought my 12 guage from Bluejeans cable (perfect if you are doing in-wall installation, the best price on the internet for CL2 rated wire).

Got all my video cables from monoprice, much cheaper than bluejeans.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/03/07 05:20 AM
Ethan, ditto on MonoPrice; no need to pay more.
Posted By: thyname Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/03/07 09:06 PM
Signalcable and CobaltCable. A little more expensive, but justified. Not the "snake oil" stuff.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/03/07 10:04 PM
In a word; MonoPrice.
Posted By: JasonEuc Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/04/07 03:35 PM
Monoprice
TotalSignal
BlueJeans

The BJC stuff is more expensive than Monoprice or TotalSignal, but I do think it is worth it depending on your needs. The custom length cables from BJC are truly high quality, and their service is fantastic.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/04/07 05:09 PM
My first setup with my Axiom gear used Blue Jeans Cable. AWESOME quality, and a good price (compared to rip off brands like Monster) for what you get.

In my latest install of my gear, I had to leave the premium BJC stuff in the walls, and I didn't want to drop hundreds of dollars into cables again. So this time around, I went with MonoPrice cables. I picked some of their better cables and they look to be *almost* as good as BJC (BJC had better connecters, at least when I got them) but cost about 1/4 the price. I have been very happy with them.
Posted By: packetlosss Re: Audio/video cable retailers - 01/05/07 01:51 AM
partsexpress and pccables.com also have good prices.

Monoprice seems to have the best prices and good quality products but the last 2 cables I needed they didn't have in stock
© Axiom Message Boards