Axiom Home Page
Posted By: glinde Boston Acoustics VR-M60 vs. M22ti - 10/18/02 06:01 PM
Can anyone out here give me an honest comparison of these two speakers? I am very close to buying after some extensive online research and some fairly extensive in-store listening. I'm looking to get the best bang for the buck (and who isn't?).

Early in my research, I became quite fond of the M60 bookshelf after some comparison listening in 3 different stores offering various lines to compare. In every case, I liked the M60s best, but I just couldn't see spending $1000 on them. As my search went on, I discovered Axiom, and have been on the verge of picking up the M22ti's to replace my old Celestion DL-10 floor-standers. This effort is the first step in upgrading my 50-50 music/home theater speaker system from its piecemeal 5-channel setup.

However, just this week, I discovered someone at work who is selling his pair of M60's for only $500, so now I'm torn once again--to buy the speaker I know I like for a substantial discount, or go with the one everyone raves about for what is certainly a bargain price?

Any and all advice would be much appreciated.
Posted By: Bestboy4 Re: Boston Acoustics VR-M60 vs. M22ti - 10/18/02 06:58 PM
Dude! Take the VRM60's!!!! For $500, that is a steal! They are my favorite bookshelf. The tweeter is sweet and smooth, the mid's are robust, good with male vocals. Overall a very acurate speaker with unparalled imaging.

I would buy them for the MSRP if I wasn't so hung up on the price/performance ratio of the Axiom M60's, which I just demoed. The Axiom M60 is a good speaker, very simular characteristics of the BA's, but of course with more low end.

If you don't buy them, please send me a private message and I'll buy them in a heart beat!

Bestboy4
Posted By: sonicfox Re: Boston Acoustics VR-M60 vs. M22ti - 10/18/02 10:28 PM
I agree completely with everything BestBoy said about the VR-M60's. I really liked the sound when I heard these. I feel if you like them, you will indeed like the sound of Axiom speakers as well. $500 is a bargain for the Boston's considering the normal price of $1000 (which is why I wouldn't buy them)!

I've not heard the M22's, but I'm thinking they would be similar to the sound of the Boston's since I DO own Axiom's M60's. If you've got $1000, then skip them both and get the Axiom M60's. If it's a bookshelf that you are looking for, then those VR-M60's should not be passed up

Mary
© Axiom Message Boards