Axiom Home Page
Posted By: KevinS Canadian audio cable companies - 10/28/02 07:22 PM
Does anyone know of any other canadian audio cable companies other than the ones I have listed here?

I am looking to buy some interconnects for my Bryston.

Rhino Cables
Maple Audio Works
Virtual Dynamics

thx
Kevin
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Canadian audio cable companies - 10/28/02 11:41 PM
On the subject of the Maple Audio cables, I have a pair of their Ambience interconnects connecting an ASL tube amp to an Ah!Njoe Tjoeb tube output CDP pushing a pair of M22 like M55s and a Velodyne 8". This system is unbelievably wonderful to my ears. I don't know how much of a role the Maple Audio ICs play, but they're keepers.
Posted By: Joe90 Re: Canadian audio cable companies - 10/29/02 01:30 AM
Ultralink Cables is another Canadian company that apparently has a good reputation.

You can view their products/company info at http://www.ultralinkcables.com.

I don't believe you can order directly from their web-site. You may have to go through a dealer.

Good luck.

Joe
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Canadian audio cable companies - 10/29/02 03:42 AM
Ultralink is what i use for cable.
Really nice, flexible stuff.

Chek out Oz Enterprises online for prices.
Omer is a nice guy to deal with. I would recommend him highly. But don't let anyone tell you that ten bucks a foot cabling is required.
Posted By: Patchwork Re: Canadian audio cable companies - 10/29/02 04:12 PM
I would go with Ultralink

they are not ridiculously high priced and are very high quality.

You can buy them at Centre Hi Fi.
Posted By: KevinS Re: Canadian audio cable companies - 10/30/02 06:05 PM
Thanks for your input guys, I have heard of Ultralink but the salesperson did not tell me they were Canadian, you would think that would be a great selling point, seeing how I live/shop in Canada.

Can anyone give me any pros/cons between Transparent Cables Link/Wave 100 and Ultralink ULTIMA MkII (both go for $200 CDN 1m pair)

thx
Posted By: Patchwork Re: Canadian audio cable companies - 10/31/02 04:57 PM
Pro's:

you will think they are good because they are expensive

Cons:

they are a total rip off. For speaker cable get something way cheaper, standard 12 awg OFC. Read other threads on this board about speaker cable.

Interconnects should be good, but 200$ is enough for a whole system, not just a pair of 1m cables.
© Axiom Message Boards