Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ZZen M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/08/07 07:02 AM
I was thinking of M22's on the wall using the FMB's but what do you guys think about light maple (w/ white or maybe black grilles) on these stands? Lookswise? Proper height?

Stands

What height should the M22's be at ideally? I've read tweeter at ear level? My tv will be a bit higher than that though. Thanks.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/08/07 03:44 PM
I prefer the black grills on the light maple especially with those stands you are considering. I think the stands height is fine as long as your seating distance is far enough away (like maybe 6' to 9'). I tend to prefer the tweeter a little above my head anyway. It seems to opens up the soundstage a bit. In fact, my own 22's are on 24" stands and it works great that way. Someone elses opinion may differ though, but that's my $.02!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/08/07 05:46 PM
My PERSONAL opinion is that the glass/silver look doesn't work as well with wood finishes... but again, that's just my own take....
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/08/07 05:58 PM
Artist.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/08/07 07:09 PM
Beer Nut.
Posted By: Ajax Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/08/07 09:33 PM
LOL! Cashew?
Posted By: ctown Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/15/07 09:00 PM
I just picked up a pair of Quest EM300 stands that are 18" high and fit nicely.

http://www.questhifi.com/accessories/speaker_stands/home.html
Posted By: ctown Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/16/07 10:19 PM
Here is what the quest stands look like. They are a cheap, heavy stand made in China, but it works for me.

Posted By: ZZen Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/17/07 08:52 PM
Thanks ctown - I just picked up some stands today (the ones I linked to in my original post). I found them locally for much cheaper than the link. I haven't assembled them but will do soon.

I have a couple issues with my new speakers that I will have to contact Axiom about though. Some blemishes, etc (these were NOT factory outlet ones but full price new ones). I'll check your other thread about the vinyl to see your updates re: your peeling/blistering.
Posted By: PaulM Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/18/07 09:13 PM
CT
I'll bet you got those at A&B Sound. I picked up the 400's (24" high) from there for my M22's and put some lead shot in the column for improved stability (I have 3 young kids).
Posted By: ctown Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/19/07 01:56 AM
Actually got them from Soundsaround in calgary. Where do you get bulk lead shot to fill those things up? Are we talking fishing sinkers or shotgun shot?
Posted By: ZZen Re: M22's w/ these stands? Thoughts? - 03/19/07 08:50 PM
I got the Plateau QT-23 (S) stands (23") at A&B Sound. I was all ready to order them online for more $ so I was pleased to find them locally (and cheaper).
© Axiom Message Boards