Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack Axiom Pre/Pro - 04/10/07 12:17 AM
Just curious since Axiom will soon be introducing a new amp, has anybody heard if they will also be introducing a matching pre/pro?

I guess I could just use the Denon, but it would be cool if there was a matching set.
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Axiom Pre/Pro - 04/10/07 01:14 PM
Only problem with using the Denon, as I was also thinking of until I saw the pic or the rear of the Axiom Amp. Is the fact there are only XLR inputs and the Denon only has RCA outs ;(
But, then again you can buy converters for RCA to XLR
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Pre/Pro - 04/10/07 01:41 PM
Just don't replace your equipment until the amp is released, or at least until Axiom confirms if it will also have RCA inputs or not.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Axiom Pre/Pro - 04/10/07 01:47 PM
I highly doubt they will produce a pre/pro because they are selling Sherwood Newcastle pre/pro's and probably have an agreement with them concerning their products. The Digital Amp is nothing like any of Newcastle's line, so it makes sense to sell both.
Posted By: dllewel Re: Axiom Pre/Pro - 04/10/07 01:56 PM
I think Rob is right.

There's a lot of great design in the new Axiom amp, and I know they could do the same with a pre-processor. But I bet the details on a project like that are quite intensive and probably more than they want to get into. The amp doesn't require meeting and staying up to date with specification like HDMI, and codecs like Dolby and DTS. Also the Dolby, DTS require licensing aggrements and plenty of other legal details. It's probably not worth it to get setup for all this unless they are going to focus solely on this type of product.

Axiom has been smart by keeping with products that have some staying power, without the need for constant re-design and manufacturing. The amp falls into this category as it will see many pre-processors come and go in its lifetime.

These are just my thoughts. I certainly could be wrong about their plans here, and I would be the first to be 'pleasantly' surprised.
Posted By: axiom_man Re: Axiom Pre/Pro - 04/10/07 02:52 PM
and as mentioned by Ian the XLR also takes a 1/4" phono.
and and adpter from RCA to 1/4"
Posted By: vassillios Re: Axiom Pre/Pro - 04/10/07 04:51 PM
It would be interesting to see what they would come up with for a pre/pro, but I doubt they will in the near future.

It makes sense for Axiom to produce an amp as an amp is more closely related to a speaker product line than a pre/pro is. That is to say producing a high quality amp to power their high quality speakers is a more logical choice.
© Axiom Message Boards