Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi dynaudio? - 05/11/07 03:49 PM
just wondering if anyone has heard any speakers from dynaudio? wondering how those compare to axioms... ?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: dynaudio? - 05/11/07 04:31 PM
Using the search tool you will find a few posts. Here is one compared to the m80's.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showfla...=true#Post59030
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: dynaudio? - 05/11/07 06:08 PM
Quote:

just wondering if anyone has heard any speakers from dynaudio? wondering how those compare to axioms... ?

Flagship-to-flagship, Dynaudio mops the floor with Axiom. ZERO contest.

Yeah, I'm comparing $1,330 M80's to $85,000/pair Evidence Masters. My nearest uber-home theater shop has a pair of these in their 'high-end' $150,000 2-channel room. Let me just say that I don't think I've ever heard anything quite so pure. I think it was better than real. My wife and I spent a good 45 minutes just listening to various CD's. Awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping, drool-inducing, superlative-depleting. But they same cost as a nice little house (at least where I live). I realize this post is probably useless to you....

All I know is that Dynaudio has a pretty good reputation. At down-to-earth speaker lines, I have no idea how they compare to Axiom.

Again, probably useless to you, but I know for a fact that the Dynaudio system offered in some new Volvo's is quite outstanding.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: dynaudio? - 05/11/07 06:42 PM
I have heard two Dynaudio bookshelf speakers (can't remember the models anymore), and they were excellent. Good enough that I'd recommend Dynaudio to someone looking for speakers. They are very hard to find in Canada though, so I know very little about how much they cost in relation to Axiom.
Posted By: jakeman Re: dynaudio? - 05/11/07 06:55 PM
Dynaudio makes excellent speakers and there are still several speaker companies for whom they provide OEM drivers. Any time I have heard Dynaudios or speakers with Dynaudio drivers I've being very impressed by their warm midrange, airy highs, and articulate bass. They are much more expensive than Axioms however.
Posted By: alan Re: dynaudio? - 05/16/07 04:45 PM
Hi terzaghi,

Yes, I've auditioned Dynaudio speakers on various occasions. The Danish company has been building drivers for many years and complete speaker systems for some time. Some of the Scandinavian research into acoustics and speaker design parallels what has occurred at the National Research Council in Canada, where Axioms models were developed and measured.

The Dynaudio speaker systems are very good but absurdly overpriced and certainly no more neutral or detailed than the Axiom M80s, M60s, or M22s with a sub. As an example, at the just completed Home Theater & Entertainment Show at the Hyatt in New York, I just heard a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's, a rather peculiar looking large compact 2-way on stands. All the Dynaudio speakers are 4 ohms.

The C1's were very nice, so I inquired about the price. "The retail of these speakers is $6,500 per pair," the young man told me. I said, "Are you serious?" and he replied "yes."

Now, I would happily put a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1s in a double-blind test against a pair of Axiom M80s, M60s or a pair of M22s with an EP500, and I can tell you right now which pair you'd select as superior sounding--either of the Axiom towers or the M22s with the EP500.

I've heard the Evidence but it was a poorly run demo--much too loud--so I'll withhold judgment on them until I've heard them in better circumstances.

Regards,
Posted By: Haoleb Re: dynaudio? - 05/17/07 02:20 AM
Quote:

Hi terzaghi,

Yes, I've auditioned Dynaudio speakers on various occasions. The Danish company has been building drivers for many years and complete speaker systems for some time. Some of the Scandinavian research into acoustics and speaker design parallels what has occurred at the National Research Council in Canada, where Axioms models were developed and measured.

The Dynaudio speaker systems are very good but absurdly overpriced and certainly no more neutral or detailed than the Axiom M80s, M60s, or M22s with a sub. As an example, at the just completed Home Theater & Entertainment Show at the Hyatt in New York, I just heard a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's, a rather peculiar looking large compact 2-way on stands. All the Dynaudio speakers are 4 ohms.

The C1's were very nice, so I inquired about the price. "The retail of these speakers is $6,500 per pair," the young man told me. I said, "Are you serious?" and he replied "yes."

Now, I would happily put a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1s in a double-blind test against a pair of Axiom M80s, M60s or a pair of M22s with an EP500, and I can tell you right now which pair you'd select as superior sounding--either of the Axiom towers or the M22s with the EP500.

I've heard the Evidence but it was a poorly run demo--much too loud--so I'll withhold judgment on them until I've heard them in better circumstances.

Regards,

Is it just me or do posts like this just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Posted By: jakewash Re: dynaudio? - 05/17/07 02:50 AM
Its just you

But I am always amazed at how neutral most of the posting is here.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: dynaudio? - 05/17/07 05:41 PM
There you have it. $6500, or $470 for M22's... not a tough choice
Posted By: Hutzal Re: dynaudio? - 05/17/07 06:03 PM
actually, its more like $1600 with an EP500 sub...
Posted By: jakewash Re: dynaudio? - 05/17/07 07:23 PM
Quote:

actually, its more like $1600 with an EP500 sub...

But still a no brainer, cost wise.
© Axiom Message Boards