Axiom Home Page
Posted By: upyourkilt Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:00 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations of a vendor or manufacturer of home theater seating? I live around San Francisco and looking for six leather seats...reclining is a must! I am also looking for an affordable product.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:07 AM
Craig, don't have any suggestions for seats that would meet the requirement set in your title.
Posted By: upyourkilt Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:14 AM
Can you recommend maybe an online manufacturer? My wife would rather see the seating in person but that can be difficult.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:24 AM
When we were first looking I had my mind set on getting home theater seats that were hooked togethor and had cup holders. After giving it some thought, we decided to go with some nice leather lazy boys.

We now are able to move the chairs around if needed as they are not hooked togethor, and we saved a ton of money. I can't believe there are no stores out your way with various choices?

On the second row riser we put an Eddie Bauer reclining couch, works for us.

Posted By: Mojo Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:33 AM
Nearly fell off my seat reading that one .
Posted By: upyourkilt Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:49 AM
Quote:

Nearly fell off my seat reading that one .

So the title did catch your eye!
Posted By: upyourkilt Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:52 AM
Thanks, Randy. Actually I kinda like the idea of being able to move the seating around. My new theater area will not be completely dedicated to HT but would like to keep it close to that. Thanks for that advise....lazy boy is located near by.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:55 AM
My home theater seating is a real pain. I wanted seats and my wife wanted a couch...so she could snuggle. I tried explaining to her that one should not snuggle when watching a movie or listening to music. Diffraction and other boundary effects from the snuggler's body muddy the soundstage.
Posted By: upyourkilt Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 04:00 AM
Quote:

My home theater seating is a real pain. I wanted seats and my wife wanted a couch...so she could snuggle. I tried explaining to her that one should not snuggle when watching a movie or listening to music. Diffraction and other boundary effects from the snuggler's body muddy the soundstage.

EXACTLY! Someone who understands! Once I am asleep, my wife has seven hours of sugglin if she wants!
Posted By: Mojo Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 04:01 AM
Posted By: CV Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 04:14 AM
Seating is something I'll be looking at next year, as (hopefully) I'll start looking at redoing the basement and putting my home theater there. I probably will opt for connected seating, and another row on a riser behind, as I've always been dissatisfied with how few people I can have over to watch a movie. Some of the online vendors look promising, but yeah, I'd have a lot more confidence in something I could check out locally. I don't really want anything TOO involved, however, as it really jacks up the price, and I'd rather have more money for the renovations. I think I'm going to be very conflicted about it. Ideally, I'd just make more money. I wish you luck with whatever your decision turns out to be. Hopefully some more people will chime in with what they're using.
Posted By: TCorzett Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 05:40 AM
I've only sat in them briefly, and I don't really know if they are "affordable", but they look good and flexible (I like some of their multi-seat layout options).

Salamander Designs
http://salamanderdesigns.com/seating/index.jsp

If you want to see them in person, you can find them at a few places around the Bay Area (they also have a dealer locator on their website).

-Todd...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 01:23 PM
No problem, my wife occasionally will have all her teacher friends over and they like to move the furniture around to accomodate the meetings. Plus, it is easier when you vacuum.
Posted By: Amie Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 03:34 PM
We have Barcaloungers (hey, that's just fun to say!) Lots and lots of choices, and the best thing was that they recline in two positions - 'watching the movie' and 'out like a light'. The loveseat has two reclining seats side-by-each and the chesterfield has both ends reclining, with the middle staying static. Also a reclining chair. Comfy as can be and warrantied for 26,000 extensions!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 04:58 PM
Quote:

Comfy as can be and warrantied for 26,000 extensions!

We are talking about chairs, right?
Posted By: Amie Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/11/07 06:58 PM

Posted By: upyourkilt Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/12/07 04:02 PM
Quote:

We have Barcaloungers (hey, that's just fun to say!) Lots and lots of choices, and the best thing was that they recline in two positions - 'watching the movie' and 'out like a light'. The loveseat has two reclining seats side-by-each and the chesterfield has both ends reclining, with the middle staying static. Also a reclining chair. Comfy as can be and warrantied for 26,000 extensions!

Hey Amie, any chance of you posting a pic of your Barcaloungers since my wife is a visiual person? I have checked out several of the websites posted by others(thanks) but you don't always see your options in real life setups just virtual.
Posted By: Bayne Re: Home theater seating-pain in the ass? - 07/12/07 07:12 PM
I'm looking at the Palliser Home Theater Furniture line myself. They can be seen on many sites, and in many stores--even here in Calgary! You can pick from many combinations to make something somewhat unique to your set-up. Like so many others, my wife is insisting on snuggling. I think we'll be going with two attached loveseats.
© Axiom Message Boards