Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Hutzal Vibrating QS8? - 07/16/07 02:14 PM
Have any of you had problems with a vibrating noise coming from a QS8?

I have a sidewall mounted QS8, and only the left one, vibrates like crazy during bass heaving scenes, just watched Spidey 2 last night, and every time doc oc walks around, the stupid thing vibrates BADLY, I took all of the grills off except the top one (couldn't get a good grip on it). Have any of you experienced a vibrating QS8?

I am going to have to get that top grill off the speaker and see if that is the part that is vibrating...if so, what can I do to reduce vibrations from the grills?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Vibrating QS8? - 07/16/07 04:09 PM
Is it something internal to the speaker or could it be the wall bracket? Does it still vibrate if you press the speaker against the wall during those scenes?
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Vibrating QS8? - 07/16/07 04:13 PM
No it does not, however, I was pressing down all the grills too, I might take it off the wall and check out the bracket, I do not see what would be vibrating back there...I tightened those wall anchors pretty stinkin' tight!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Vibrating QS8? - 07/16/07 05:39 PM
I've noticed that with my QS8s from time to time. It isn't internal to the QS8 for me, and I don't *think* that it is the grills, but that the speaker is vibrating against the wall itself. I just haven't taken a few minutes to put some foam tape (strips of foam with and adhesive backing to it) on to the wall bracket to reduce the ability for the speaker to come in direct contact with the wall.

I guess it is just that the QS8s can handle so much sound that this becomes a problem. I would rather have this (fixable) problem than have crappy surround speakers.

Just my thoughts.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Vibrating QS8? - 07/16/07 11:10 PM
Robb,

I have not noticed that with my QS8s but I will check more critically. I have the rubber bumpers installed on the back of mine so that it's a nice, tight fit against the wall.

Check the woofers to ensure that they are installed tightly.

The problem I have is that I can't keep pictures straight on my walls .
© Axiom Message Boards