Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bill3508 Axiom outdoors, anyone running them yet? - 08/25/07 08:08 PM
Anyone here running the Axiom outdoor speakers yet? If so, what do you think of them. Thinking about getting a pair for the deck. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Bill3508
I don't own these speakers, yet , but you might want to try searching for "outdoor" or "Algonquin" using the search tool, there have been many posts on this subject. You might find what your looking for.
I have to admit I didn't search as I thought I checked in here enough and had not noticed any threads. A search did turn up some though.

Bill3508
The search tool takes a bit to learn. Many people forget to adjust the date range as it defaults to 1 week which I think is to short of period. Also, there are trick like using a + (plus) in front of words you want included..
Posted By: 1long1 Re: Axiom outdoors, anyone running them yet? - 08/26/07 04:05 AM
I recently hooked up a pair on the side of the house by our pool. I also hooked up a pair of rock speakers at the back of the pool in the landscaping. They are all run by a Rotel amp and as zone 2 from an Anthem pre/pro. The Axioms "Rock". They put the rock speakers to shame. They sound so good and well beyond my expectations. I am thinking about bridging the Rotel amp to double the power to the rock speakers because the Axioms play so much louder (more efficient). These speakers really do sound much better than most outdoor speakers I've heard or owned in the past. They sound more like indoor speakers and also cover a very wide area. I ended up placing them farther apart than originally planned, which is actually a benefit. They won't disappoint!!!
© Axiom Message Boards