Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi comments on review at audioholics? - 09/07/07 07:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone has read the following rbh tower speaker review at audioholics.

link here

appararently these rbh speakers are A/B'ed with axiom m60's

Any comments about the review axiomites?
Posted By: Hutzal Re: comments on review at audioholics? - 09/07/07 07:14 PM
I do not think they were A/B'd. The reviewers reference system consisted of Axiom M60s, he did not AB them (at least with what I read in that article), he only set them up side by side because that was the logical place to put the speakers to review them.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: comments on review at audioholics? - 09/07/07 07:36 PM
I agree with Robb, he wasn't doing a comparison of the two speakers, rather he was saying the RBH's are a good speaker at that price.
I do think it's pretty impressive that he uses the M60's as his reference speakers
Posted By: jakewash Re: comments on review at audioholics? - 09/07/07 07:38 PM
As I read it, the side by side was just for height comparison and he mentions he uses the M60s as his reference speaker which means those that have heard the M60s might come to the same conclusion as he did about these speakers. Reviews all have a reference point to start from and it seems most at audioholics use Axioms as their reference speakers, I would guess due to their linear response.
Posted By: Mojo Re: comments on review at audioholics? - 09/07/07 10:55 PM
It sounds to me like the reviewer now has a new reference speaker.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: comments on review at audioholics? - 09/08/07 02:20 AM
Yeah, Although the M60 are or perhaps now, were Tom's reference speakers if you really read the review its obvious that he clearly liked some of the aspects of the RBH better. I dont think looks was one of them however which I can agree with. I hate the base
Posted By: Spoiler Re: comments on review at audioholics? - 09/08/07 03:53 AM
It appears to me that based on the review, the RBH is a fine speaker at a great price. I'd like to hear them for myself sometime, although it appears that finding a dealer would be a chore. It sounds as though the reviewer did do some A/B comparisons for his imaging, bass response and, ok, tweeter conclusions. Either way, if the M60's are his reference speakers, his thoughts are based on at least some time and experience with them for comparison. Anyway, the RBH's seem like a fine value.
© Axiom Message Boards