Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SoundMan Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/18/07 04:53 PM
I've posted this on some other forums, but was curious what Axiom owners thought about going this route. I'm sure it's been posted before, but I haven't seen it. Has anyone ordered Axioms through their outlet section which gives you 10% off plus the 5% package discount? It would be a 15% discount for a full package. Just wanted to see if anyone has ordered this way, and if so, can you share your thoughts on the quality. what has your experience been? I thought about doing it this way, but was wondering about the quality of these speakers. I like my things to be nice, so unless the condition is pretty nice, I might not go this way. However, the discount is very tempting. Could I get some insight about your experience? Also, how long did it take you to receive your speakers? Thanks.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/18/07 05:01 PM
http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/showfla...part=1&vc=1

Using the search tool. There are more threads than this even.
Posted By: bugbitten Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/18/07 05:39 PM
The outlet works great. Very few, if any, flaws on outlet products. Most like me have found no flaws.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/18/07 06:03 PM
I've been on these boards for 7 months and I've heard nothing but positive comments about the factory outlet. The majority of customers don't find any flaws.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/18/07 06:19 PM
I haven't been able to find any flaws on any of my Factory Outlet purchases. If you don't mind the wait it is well worth the savings.
Posted By: paradoiley Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/18/07 07:11 PM
I found one flaw in my 5.1 system. There is a circle about 1/8" in diameter on the top of one M22 where it looks like there was a hole in the vinyl that was patched.

You would only find it if you were looking for it though.

Delivery times a year ago were quite fast. I ordered with the expectation the speakers would arrive after a 10 day vacation, 4 weeks from the order date. They ended up shipping the day before I left. Fortunately, the guy doing my basement was around to sign for them.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 02:08 AM
Same story here, Sound; found a tiny nick about the size of a grain of rice on one rear corner. With rare exceptions owners have had to employ magnifying glasses(or microscopes)to find the blemish.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 02:58 AM
I actually discovered my M22's defect digitally -- I stuck my fingers in the port and found that the inner port glued on slightly askew.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 03:12 AM
I took pictures once.
Should get them back up online at some point.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 03:18 AM
I've owned axiom speakers for about 5 years now. My first 7.1 setup all came from the outlet and I could never fine anything from with them cosmeticly. Technically they are no different than regular stock and have the same warranty as they are still new.

My current system was done in a custom vinyl and I could not be more happy.

I had a poll started once and if I recall correctly about 60% order form the FO in one way or another.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 03:21 AM
Why did you stick your fingers in the port?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 03:29 AM
They're very handy if you want to pick up and M22 one-handed.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 03:38 AM
I see. Hey, do any of you know if these ports were ever made of leather or vinyl? Or were they always made of plastic?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 03:41 AM
Peter,

Based on your height, your fingers are probably longer than the average human.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 03:52 AM
Quote:

Hey, do any of you know if these ports were ever made of leather or vinyl? Or were they always made of plastic?

Why? What did you have in mind?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 03:59 AM
The reason I ask is because I read a review (by a "pro" reviewer) on the M80s once and he claimed that the ports were made from leather.
Posted By: Murph Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 12:10 PM
This is starting to sound like the news clip of the Piniata night guard guard caught on security camera that people keep forwarding to me. I really hope it's a fake....
Posted By: snakeyes Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 09:23 PM
The Factory Outlet is not a good idea. It is a great idea!!! I bought M60's QS8's VP150 and EP350 through FO and only found a rub spot on the back of 1 QS8.

Jake
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 09:33 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Hey, do any of you know if these ports were ever made of leather or vinyl? Or were they always made of plastic?

Why? What did you have in mind?

lol
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 09:34 PM
Quote:

The reason I ask is because I read a review (by a "pro" reviewer) on the M80s once and he claimed that the ports were made from leather.

This "pro" review wasn't published in the "Port Authority" magazine was it?
Posted By: haylo75 Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/19/07 09:37 PM
Quote:

This "pro" review wasn't published in the "Port Authority" magazine was it?

Punny, indeed!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/20/07 03:30 AM
I think that I recall a comment from BigJohn that the ports were "smooth as leather", but that shouldn't be taken literally.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/20/07 03:47 AM
This comment was from a "pro" reviewer. I need to find and post that review. The reason I ask is because I've long suspected that some of these reviewers don't even have the equipment that they are supposed to be reviewing or, if they do, they don't even power them up. In this case, it appears that this reviewer simply looked at the port and assumed that it was leather.
Posted By: CV Re: Factory Outlet: a good idea? - 09/20/07 03:48 AM
Maybe the conspiracy is larger, and people have been lying to that reviewer his whole life as to what leather is.
© Axiom Message Boards